Snubie's Nicotine Pouch Recommendations (2024 Edition) - 20 March 2024.


I first published this article back in 2014.  Over the years, I've updated it here and there, mainly because snus products come and go.  New ones come out, old ones get discontinued, so on and so forth.  I figured it was time to do an update to this article with my favorite products, and products I'd recommend to people who may be new to snus!  

Nicotine Strength Note / Recommendation

First, I want to talk about nicotine strength.  Several years ago, I swore off really strong products.  In fact, I don't review products anymore that are over 26mg of nicotine.  My personal usage hovers around regular strength to strong, and I'll use an extra strong portion after meals.  That's just what I'm into.  I generally advise people not to go too crazy strong.  Usually 20mg is about as strong as I'll go for my personal usage.  If you go too strong, it can kill your nicotine tolerance.  So, don't go crazy.  Don't chase the dragon.  Even the heaviest ex-smokers have been able to quit smoking with regular 8mg snus!  Keep it sane.

Now, let's get onto the recommendations!

Mint Flavors

There are a lot of these mint flavored products on the market.  I figured I'd help make it easier to pick them out and give you my favorites.

Catch Eucalyptus White Large - Menthol
Nicotine Strength:  7.2mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is more of a menthol one, but it's one I always keep around when I have a cold.

Oden’s Cold Extra Stark Original Portion - Spearmint
Nicotine Strength:  18mg/portion
My Notes:  One of very few spearmint snus products left, this one has a nice, sweet taste of spearmint!

Offroad Frosted (Original and White Dry) - Spearmint
My Notes:  It was hard to pick a favorite with this one, because I love Spearmint snus.  I like both of them.  The original portion one comes in at 9.5mg/portion, and the white dry one comes in at 10mg/portion.

XRANGE Catch Mint Slim White - Peppermint
Nicotine Strength:  6.5mg/portion
My Notes:  I like that this one isn't overly sweet.  It's a very well balanced peppermint taste.

Traditional Flavors

The traditional taste of Swedish Snus!  Traditional, what is that?  Well, it's the taste of bergamot, a slightly tart taste of citrus.

General White Portion
Nicotine Strength:  8mg/portion
My Notes:  If you want to taste the tradition of snus, I think General White is the way to go.  A favorite of mine since 2009, nothing beats this traditional taste.

XRANGE General Slim White
Nicotine Strength:  7mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is a lot like the one above, but it comes in a more comfortable slim portion!

LD Stark Original
Nicotine Strength:  12.6mg/portion
My Notes:  LD doesn't get enough love, but it's a good priced, traditional flavored snus!

Skruf Xtra Stark Original
Nicotine Strength:  17.1mg/portion
My Notes:  I like Skruf because they add a little rose oil to their traditional flavor, it makes these stand out!

Taboca Original Portion
Nicotine Strength:  10mg/portion
My Notes:  Taboca is another underrated one.  It has a nice taste of bergamot and fig with a good tobacco base.

Licorice Flavors

When I first started using snus, I wasn't the biggest fan of black licorice.  Over time, I came to love it.  Here's my favorites!

Catch Licorice White Large
Nicotine Strength:  7.2mg/portion
My Notes:  If you like black licorice, this one has a smooth, mellow taste of black licorice with a nice tobacco base.

Kapten Salmiak White 
Nicotine Strength:  17.46mg/portion
My Notes:  One reason I like this one is the plump portions.  They also have a nice, salty black licorice taste!

LD Salmiak Original
Nicotine Strength:  9mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is one of the best licorice products all around, with a rich tobacco base and a salty licorice taste.

Beverage-Inspired Flavors

This category is basically anything that is inspired by, or that reminds me of, a beverage or beverage flavor.

G3 Wire Slim White Dry (Energy Drink)
Nicotine Strength:  18mg/portion
My Notes:  If you like Red Bull, you'll love this one.  It has a nice, tart berry taste!

Jakobsson’s Cola Slim White
Nicotine Strength:  7mg/portion
My Notes:  One of the only cola snus products on the market, this one is a must try!

Islay Whisky Original
Nicotine Strength:  12mg/portion
My Notes:  There aren't a lot of whisky snus products out there but this is the best one, in my opinion.

Nick & Johnny Americana
Nicotine Strength:  16.5mg/portion
My Notes:  I didn't have another category for this one so I put it in here.  Why?  Because it tastes like Cherry Dr. Pepper.

Tobacco Flavors

If you're using a tobacco product, you want to taste tobacco, right?  Well, here's my favorites.

Grov Stark Portion
Nicotine Strength:  15mg/portion
My Notes:  Grov is a great snus, and one of my favorites.  It has a rich, dark tobacco taste and a hint of geranium.

Artisan Signature Blend Original
Nicotine Strength:  10.8mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is on it's way out and has been discontinued, but if it's still around get some.  Why?  Because it's a Snubie branded product.  Also, it's the only snus on the market that has zero added flavor and focuses completely on the tobacco.

The Lab 06 Extra Strong Slim
Nicotine Strength:  18mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is a more complex one, with a nice tobacco base and hints of wood and almond.  It's pretty tasty stuff!

Fruit Flavors

The taste of fruit is a popular one in the world of Swedish Snus.  Here's some of my favorites!

Jakobsson’s Melon Original Portion
Nicotine Strength:  14mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is designed for the American taste - it's a sweet, rich watermelon flavor.

Kaliber+ Stark Original Portion
Nicotine Strength:  10mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is a little interesting, and complex.  It has a nice tobacco base, hints of citrus, but a presence of lingonberry.  That's why I put it in this berry flavor category.

Kapten Melon White Large
Nicotine Strength:  16.5mg/portion
My Notes:  I like the plump portion Kapten has, but I also really like the mellow, balanced cantaloupe taste this one has.

Vårgårda Bär White Portion
Nicotine Strength:  10mg/portion
My Notes:  This is a more traditional berry taste.  It has a nice tobacco base, along with a dark berry presence.

Wintergreen Flavors

For me, wintergreen is a love hate snus.  Sometimes I want it, sometimes I don't.  Here's some of my favorites!

Jakobsson’s Wintergreen (Original and Slim White Portions)
My Notes:  I like both of these, so I wanted to include both of them.  I think these are the best representation of the classic, American taste of wintergreen.  The original comes in at 14mg/portion and the white slim version comes in at 7mg/portion.

The Moose Major Wintergreen
Nicotine Strength:  11.2mg/portion
My Notes:  This is a new one, but rapidly becoming a favorite of mine.  It's an American type of wintergreen taste, and has some nice body to it!

Herbal / Floral / Outdoorsy Flavors

This category is the outdoorsy type of snus.  Herbal, floral, you name it.  Here's some of my favorites! 

Lundgren’s Norrland White Portion
Nicotine Strength:  8mg/portion
My Notes:  This is one of my favorite products.  It has a nice taste of spruce and pine, and is a must have when you're outdoors.

Lundgren's Skane Slim Portion
Nicotine Strength:  7mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is a lot like Norrland, but it has an interesting inclusion of a dark, Swedish forest berry.  It's a complex taste, and one you have to check out!

Tre Ankare White Large
Nicotine Strength:  7mg/portion
My Notes:  This one could almost fit in the tobacco category, but it has an herbal hint to it that makes it a little more deep.

Vårgårda Skog White Portion
Nicotine Strength:  10mg/portion
My Notes:  This one is a lot like Norrland, but almost with a mix of Göteborgs Rapé.  It has an outdoorsy taste, along with some juniper.  It's an interesting one!

Göteborgs Rapé Slim White Portion
Nicotine Strength:  7.2mg/portion
My Notes:  This is one of the greatest snus products of all time.  It has a nice taste of juniper, along with hints of herbs, lavender, and citrus.  It's quite good.  And a personal favorite.

Lössnus / Loose Snus

These are a lot of different flavors, but there aren't a lot of loose snus products out there.  So, I wanted to give loose snus it's own category.  It deserves it.

Oden’s Lakrits Lös / Loose
Nicotine Strength:  9mg/g
My Notes:  The only licorice lössnus on the market.  What more can I say?

Prima Fint Lös / Loose
Nicotine Strength:  7.5mg/g
My Notes:  This is my personal favorite lös.  It has a smooth, mellow taste of earthy tobacco.

Grov Lös / Loose
Nicotine Strength:  7.5mg/g
My Notes:  If you want a raw, natural, rich taste of tobacco, this is it.

Roda Lacket Lös / Loose
Nicotine Strength:  7.5mg/g
My Notes:  I like the way this one mixes an earthy tobacco base along with this light hint of dried fruit.

Skruf Stark Lös / Loose
Nicotine Strength:  10mg/g
My Notes:  I like this one a lot, mainly because of the addition of rose oil to the traditional tobacco flavor of bergamot!

Final Thoughts

And there we have it, my full range of snus recommendations!  I have included a wide array of flavors and products that you can check out if you're new to snus.  Or, someone who has been around a while and looking for something new to try out!  This is the third update I've done of this list, so here in a few years I'll be back to do another.  Hopefully these products will still be around then, but with the changing nature of the snus landscape, you never can be sure.

All I can say for now is this - enjoy good, quality Swedish Snus!  

Comments

  1. I don't see any american brands on here so I assume you are in europe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I'm in Arkansas, USA! -Snubie

      Delete

Post a Comment