Vårgårda Skog (White Portion) - Snus Review. 6 August 2023.

Today, I finally am getting around to review Nordic Snus AB's Vårgårda Skog!  I've had the Vårgårda line before, which launched earlier this year.  Nordic Snus has been on a roll lately, launching all kinds of new snus products this year.  It's been nice to see, a company that is making snus products in this tobacco-free world we seem to live in now.  Now this one, I've been super stoked to try out, mainly because I had no idea what to expect.  Swedish Match made a Skog snus in their Small Batch series several years ago, which was a weird mushroom flavored snus.  The Lundgren's line had one in 2020, which was like a minty spruce taste.  The flavor description on this one says "A taste of tobacco, juniper and a hint of lavender".  Juniper is interesting.  Nordic Snus actually had a juniper snus back in 2014 called LD Enbar, which I liked.  Each can weighs 20 grams and has 20 portions.  That means 1 gram portions!  You don't see that much.  The nicotine content sits at 10mg/g so that's easy to calculate:  10mg/portion.  Now, without further ado, let's get into this thing!

I've been wanting to try this one out for a while, so I'm stoked to dive into it today and try it out.  Opening up the can, I notice juniper first.  There's a little spruce right behind it, along with a touch of lavender.  The portions are nice and plump, soft, and have a great mouthfeel.  I love that they're 1 gram, and they fill out the lip really well.  The flavor is an interesting one.  Upfront, I notice a pine/spruce character.  Right behind it, juniper, along with a light floral presence.  There's a mild tobacco base to it, but not an overpowering one.  It's an interesting flavor mix.  The nicotine strength feels about regular, and I find the flavor to last about an hour.  It's a pretty interesting snus, to say the last.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.83/5.  Going into it, I wasn't sure what to expect.  After having it the past several days, I can say this:  I like it.  It's an interesting one.  It reminds me of GR in a way, but with some woodsy tones to it.  It's kind of like GR in the words.  Or, in a way, GR with a slight touch of Lundgren's Norrland to it.  I can say this, though, I will be ordering more.  It combines a lot of my favorite flavors into one, and is something I hope sticks around.




Our Video Review:

Comments