Tre Ankare (White Portion) - Review. 29 January 2010.

Review Updated:  15 February 2021


Tre Ankare is an interesting snus.  First, it's one of the most underrated products on the market and one that doesn't get discussed nearly enough.  And second, when it launched in 1977 it was the first portion snus ever released.  So, if you love portion snus, you have Tre Ankare to thank for that!  Tre Ankare, for me, has been an occasional snus since I started in 2009.  It's not something I use all the time, but it is something I like to use here and there!  The flavor description for Tre Ankare says it has "a strong tobacco character with clear elements of smoke, cedar and dried herbs."  It comes in a 21.6 gram can with 24 portions for 0.9 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 8mg/g (0.8%), which breaks down to 7.2mg/portion.

Now, let's go ahead and get to know Tre Ankare White Portion a little better!  When you open a can of Tre Ankare, the aroma is a mellow tobacco smell with a little sweetness and a touch of herbs. The portions are in the star formation format, so I suggest fluffing them to make them more comfortable in the lip! The flavor of this snus is very tobacco centric, but it seems to be in the middle between mellow/earthy and robust/bold. It is a darker tobacco flavor than Ettan, but in a more mild presence. There is a a little smokiness, and a light herbal hint in the background. It's quite good! The nicotine strength feels to be about the regular strength level, and the flavor lasts up to an hour on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one rates in at 3.92 out of 5 for me.  In my opinion, it's one of the most underrated products around.  It's not one I use full time, but it's certainly an occasional use product for me.  I wish there was an original portion version of it.  So, if you're listening Swedish Match, just saying.  If you've never had it before, definitely check it out.  It's very well balanced, and very approachable.

This product available at Snusdirect.com!



Comments

  1. Snubie,

    Ive faceing the same challange as you mention.

    I miss the original portion. It was the first snus I've ever put in my mouth.

    I've been in touch several times and pointed this out to SM (its the same as Converse would only sell all star classic in modified way, which would be kinda silly since they also push all star as the original baskets shoe and stress herritage)

    However, since I've got no traction from SM to resolve my problem yet.

    I've been playing around with this over several months home to get the right amount of water to adding the last step to get this as I want.

    Process is simple, but it requires some days to let it sit, so I'm doing a batch every now and then so it's just to grab out of the refrigerator.

    1) add one table spoon of water to the snus.
    2) put the can back in the fridge for minimum 24 hours, I would recommend 36 tho.
    3) take the can back out, now you will notice that some of the portions in the star formation have been more or less soaked. Now break up the star formation and fluff the portions and scrabble them back in the can (like original portion style) to spread the moist even further.
    4) put the can closed back in the refrigerator for another 12 to 24 hours.
    5) Enjoy!

    Hope this helps and that we can find creative ways to continue to (a)buse 3 ankare until SM resolves :)

    Br from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment