Oden's Lakrits (Loose) - Review. 25 October 2014.

Review Updated:  8 September 2021

Wow, has it really been 7 years since I reviewed this?  I've had this one in my freezer for a while, and someone asked me to revisit it, so here we go!  This is an interesting one, because it's a licorice lössnus, and there aren't many of those out there.  The only one I can think of is Offroad Lakrits Loose, which I'm not sure if it's still made anymore or not.  Also, with this one, you can't find it online to the US.  I looked everywhere.  The only store I found it on was the OdensSnus EU website.  The flavor description from there says, "A well balanced licorice flavor that doesn’t overpower the classic tobacco flavor".  Each can weighs 40 grams, and has a nicotine content of 9mg/g (0.9%).

Alright, let's talk about Oden's Lakrits Loose!  When you open the can, this one has a straightforward aroma of black licorice.  It has a light sweetness to it, and a mild, earthy tobacco base.  The loose itself is easy to work with, bakes well, and feels great in the lip.  It's moist, soft, and quickly releases flavor.  The flavor on this one is quite nice!  It's a mild, smooth black licorice taste with a subtle sweetness to it.  The tobacco base comes through clearly, but isn't too overpowering.  It's mild, and earthy in presence.  The licorice flavor goes really well with that mild tobacco base!  The nicotine strength feels to be about the regular level, and the flavor lasts about 40-50 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 4.17/5.  There aren't many loose products with this flavor profile, and I really enjoyed this one!  The flavor profile was really well balanced, the loose is easy to work with, and it has a regular nicotine strength.  I really don't have any complaints about this one.  If you're in the US, I haven't really found a way we can get this one.  Which is a shame, because I'd love more than just this one can I found in my freezer.  But if you're outside the US, grab some, it's super tasty.



Comments