Lundgren's Skåne Vit - Review. 19 November 2015.

Review Updated:  10 December 2021

I've reviewed this product several times, but this will be my first time giving it a rating.  This is, arguably, the most popular product in the Lundgrens family.  While I'm more partial to Norrland, this one is still a pretty solid offering.  The Lundgrens series is one with names corresponding to regions of Sweden, and Skåne is representative of southern Sweden.  The flavor description for this one says, "A rich tobacco flavor from Swedish-grown tobacco, with hints of meadow flower, spruce needle, and forest berries".  Each can weighs in at 17.6 grams and contains 22 portions, for 0.8 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 10mg/g (1.0%), which breaks down to 8mg/portion.

When you open the can, it has a certain aroma of the outdoors to it.  You can smell an aroma of spruce, along with a light floral sweetness.  The tobacco base is milder, and comes through with a darker presence of berry to it.  The portions Lundgrens is known for are their perforated pouches, which are white portions with little holes in them.  It does yield a quicker release of flavor than the average white portion and no, tobacco won't fall out of the pouch; they're pretty small holes.  For me, however, I find these pouches can irritate my gums if I use them too much.  In the flavor profile, I pick up the spruce and dark berry presence first.  Right behind it I pick up a subtle mingling of floral sweet notes, and a mild, earthy tobacco base.  The nicotine strength on this one feels to be around the regular level, and I find the flavor lasts about an hour, on average.

Rating and Finał Thoughts

While I prefer Norrland, I still think Skåne is a pretty solid product.  It's an outdoorsy taste, and one that I enjoy from time to time.  I rated this one at 3.67/5.  For comparison purposes, I rate the slim one at 3.83/5.  While some prefer the perforated pouch, I'm more partial to the slim pouch.  However, both have about the same flavor, so it ultimately falls down to what you want and prefer in a pouch.  The Lundgrens line is a fun one though, with lots of interesting flavors to explore!

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!



Comments