Catch Licorice White Portion - Review. 10 November 2014.

Review Updated: 10 December 2021


When people ask me what my favorite licorice snus is, this is one that frequently comes up at the top of the list. I didn't enjoy black licorice when I started Swedish Snus, but over the years I grew to love it. There's a million licorice products out there, but for me this is one that always ranks in my top 3. The flavor description for this one says, "Light tobacco character with clear hints of licorice and salmiak, as well as slightly dried herbs." Each can weighs 21.6 and has 24 portions, for 0.9g portions. The nicotine content is 8mg/g (0.8%) or 7.2mg/portion.
    
When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a mild black licorice smell with lightly sweet, gentle tones of tobacco. The portions come in the star formation, so I suggest fluffing them before you put one under your lip. The portions themselves are pretty soft, and feel comfortable under the lip. The flavor is mild, pleasant, and quite enjoyable. It's a very well balanced taste. The licorice taste is apparent, but gentle in nature; it's not super in your face at all.   The base tobacco is pretty mellow, and has a light sweetness in nature.  On average, I find the flavor to last about an hour, sometimes a little bit more.  The nicotine strength on this one is pretty mellow and feels about the regular level.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This is, and always has been, one of my favorite licorice products on the market.  It's one I always suggest to people, and one I personally enjoy using.  I rated it at 3.92/5 which, for a white portion, is a pretty high rating for me.  Even if you don't like black licorice, or are licorice-curious, this is one you'll want to check out and give a go to!  

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!



Comments