Jakobsson's Melon (Strong) - Review. 12 January 2012.

Review Updated: 8 September 2021 


I can't believe it's been almost a decade since this product launched.  It seems like just yesterday I tried it for the first time.  After this product launched, the melon flavor really took off;  It seems like every company makes them now.  But Jakobsson's Melon was the one that really made the flavor popular.  And today, is still one of the most popular flavors in the Jakobsson's brand.  The design has changed since the last time I had it (in 2018), and I've had some requests to revisit it, so here we go!  The flavor description for this product says, "The characteristic taste of melon, with elements of pear and sweetness." This product comes in a 20 gram can with 20 portions for 1 gram portion. The nicotine content is 14mg/g (1.4%) which breaks down to 14mg/portion.

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a sweet smell of melon. It smells a lot like watermelon but with a little cantaloupe mixed in. If you've ever had Bubble Yum: Watermelon (Bubble Gum), this product smells and tastes a lot like that one. The portions are moderately moist; they have a quick release of flavor, but seem to last longer than most other original portions. The taste is a sweet taste of melon. Much like with the aroma, it's mostly watermelon. However, I feel like I can dig a little cantaloupe out of it. The nicotine strength feels to be firmly at the strong level. It feels stronger than a regular strength, but not quite as strong as an extra strong. The flavor lasts a pretty good amount of time; on average this one usually lasts me about 50-55 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This snus has a sweet, fresh, fruity taste. If you don't like a lot of sweetness in your snus, you may not like this one.  But if you like a sweeter snus with a fruit flavor, this one may be right up your alley!  I rated it at 3.38/5.  It's a good snus, don't get me wrong, but I've found if I use it too much I can burn out on it.  It's a favorite of mine in the summer, though!  Once the weather starts warming up, this is one I always reach for.  If you want a sweet, fruity snus, this is one you'll enjoy!

This product available for purchase at SnusExpress.com!



Comments

  1. Wow This is realy out of the box when it comes to snus Flavors .. while it wont be in my daily Rotation I will deffo keep a tin of this around. a great dessert snus

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment