Skruf (Stark Lös / Loose) - Review. 12 November 2014.

Review Updated: 23 March 2022


Over the past few years, I've been going through my old reviews and doing updates.  Mainly to get better quality photos, but also to do new video reviews.  Another reason is that I've started doing a rating system with my reviews, and I'm gradually working through and adding them onto my old reviews.  The flavor description for this one says, "Skruf Strong Loose Snus is a classic dark loose snus with a clear and strong taste of pure tobacco flavored with Rose Oil and Bergamot".  The cans weigh in at 42 grams.  This one is classified as a 3/4, or strong product.  That would mean the nicotine strength is between 12-14mg/g.
  
When you open the can, the aroma that jumps out at you is a rich, well rounded tobacco smell with a hint of citrus and a light floral sweetness. As I've mentioned before, Skruf uses rose oil in their traditional flavored products, which makes them very unique! The loose itself is pretty easy to work with, and I find I can handbake it pretty easily. The flavor releases pretty quickly, and like with most loose products has a much more apparent tobacco taste than it's portion version. The flavor is a darker, rich, earthy tobacco taste. The bergamot isn't as apparent as the portion version; with this one it serves a more complimentary role to the tobacco. The citrus flavor is mild, and gentle in nature. The rose oil comes through in a lightly sweet way, and compliments the citrus and tobacco flavors very well.  The flavor on average lasts about 45 minutes, and comes out pretty easily.  I find the nicotine strength, with a 1-1.5 gram prilla, to feel right at the strong level.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I don't get to review a lot of loose snus anymore, sadly.  Not a lot of companies making it anymore.  However, it's nice when I get to revisit one, because that's mainly the time I get to sit down and review loose.  This one rated at 3.83/5.  It's a great product.  I love the way Skruf mixes rose oil with the traditional flavor profile of snus.  If you like General, for example, you'd enjoy this one.  It has a really intriguing flavor profile that is quite enjoyable!

This product available at Snusdirect.com!



Comments

  1. Man, I feel strongly that Skruf knocked it out of the park with this one in terms of mudslide and durability. The prillas I get with this loose stay together significantly better than any other Snus I’ve tried, which is literally all of them (as far as loose goes). Been snusing for ten years now and this is easily the best loose I’ve tried.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment