Kapten Melon Vit (Extra Stark) - Review. 11 April 2016.

About a year ago, AG Snus was acquired by Phillip Morris International.  I was waiting to do new reviews of Kapten products to see if PMI would keep them in production, but they recently relaunched with a new design, so it appears the Kapten brand will continue after the PMI acquisition.  Kapten originally launched in 2015, produced by AG Snus in Denmark, which has four generations of snus production going all the way back to 1864.  According to a price comparison on Snusbolaget, Kapten is the most value-conscious brand on the market, priced below other budget brands such as LD, Granit, and Knox.  Today, we're checking out Kapten Melon X-Stark!  The flavor description on this one says, "a mild tobacco character with a fruity taste of melon".  Each can weighs 18 grams and has 20 portions, for 0.9g each.  The nicotine content is 15mg/g (1.5%) or 13.5mg/portion.

This has always been one of my favorite Kapten products.  But, I also consider it to be probably the best tasting melon snus out there.  I like that it's mild, balanced, and not as sweet as others.  When you open the can, a smooth, mellow aroma of melon comes through.  It reminds me mostly of cantaloupe.  It's not super sweet either, which I like about this one.  The pouches are quite nice; I've long been a fan of AG Snus white portions.  They're only 0.9g each, but feel as plump as a full 1g pouch.  They're semi-moist, soft, and comfortable under the lip.  In the flavor profile, it's a gentle, present taste of melon.  It has a light sweetness to it, and reminds me, again, of cantaloupe.  There's a very light tobacco base to it, but it doesn't overtake the melon flavor.  In the nicotine strength, this one, though called "X-Stark", to actually be at the strong/stark level.  In the flavor longevity, I find it hangs around for about an hour, sometimes up to an hour and fifteen minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.83/5.  It's one of the best melon products on the market, and one I enjoy from time to time.  The melon flavor reminds me of cantaloupe, probably one of my favorite fruits.  It's also not as sweet as some others I've had before, and is a well balanced snus that you can use anytime.  I don't use it full tine personally, but it's one that I do find myself craving from time to time!

This product available at SnusExpress.com.



Comments