Best Mint Snus Products - 23 March 2018.

When I first started using snus in 2009, there was one Swedish Snus product with a mint flavor - General Mini Mint. Now there are 87 mint flavored snus products on the market, accounting for almost 25% of all snus flavors on the market. One of the most common questions I get asked is what mint products I suggest. Considering they come in a variety of flavors, formats, and nicotine strengths, it's hard to simply suggest one. I decided it was time to write an article about mint products, and sort them by flavor, so anytime I get that question I can just link to this article. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just easier to refer to an article.  In the mint flavor category there seem to be 3 main flavor categories - peppermint, spearmint, and mint blend (meaning a mix of mint and other flavors).  I will make suggestions based on these three categories and flavors. So that you aren't overwhelmed, I'm limiting myself to 4 favorites from each flavor category. These are my suggestions, sorted by flavor.

Clicking the name of each snus will take you to my review of that particular product.  

Mint Blend

U-Sample No7 Sweet Mint (Slim Strong White) - Of the four listed, this one is my favorite.  It has a nice pairing of mint and vanilla, and a nicotine strength of 17mg/g.  It feels to be between a strong and an extra strong.

Nick & Johnny Crushed Ice White Portion (Xtra Strong) - This one is very unique; it's a blend of peppermint, spearmint and wintergreen. It has a nicotine strength of 12mg/g, and feels to be a little stronger than regular strength.

Jakobsson's Mint Original Portion (Strong) - This one has a mint flavor, but is balanced out by an herbal character and a hint of tobacco.  It clocks in at 14mg/g and feels firmly at the strong level.

G4 FU:ZN (Slim All White) - This is one of the white tobacco products, but I wanted to mention it because the flavor is really unique.  This one blends apple and spearmint and tastes quite good!  The nicotine strength is 19mg/g, and it feels to be right at the extra strong level.


Peppermint

Catch XRANGE Slim White - Of the four listed, this one is my favorite and one I've used regularly for the past year.  Regular strength snus with a mild peppermint taste, not too sweet.  It clocks in at 9mg/g of nicotine.

The Lab 12 Slim White (Strong) - This is another good one with a mild peppermint taste, but a little extra nicotine; clocking in at 14mg/g.

Thunder Cool Mint Slim White Dry (Extra Strong) - This one is one of my all time favorite mint products.  It has a smooth, sweet peppermint taste and 17mg/g of nicotine.

G3 Blue Mint Slim White (Extra Strong) - This one is close to Lab 12 in taste, but has more nicotine, clocking in at 18mg/g.


Spearmint

Nick & Johnny Green Ice (Slim White) - I used this one regularly for about a year, and consider it a favorite.  Though it comes in at 14mg/g of nicotine, it still feels to be about regular strength.

Offroad Frosted (Original Portion) - This one is a regular strength, 8mg/g snus in an original portion.  It has a nice, sweet spearmint flavor.

Thunder Frosted Slim White Dry - When it comes to spearmint, the two most popular are Thunder Frosted and Oden's Cold.  Of the Thunder Frosted lineup, I like this one the most.  It has a sweet spearmint flavor, a slim white dry portion, and 16mg/g of nicotine.

Oden's Cold Extreme Slim White Portion - Of the Oden's Cold line, I like this one the best due to how soft the portions are.  Be warned, it is an extreme snus, which means 22mg/g of nicotine!  It's quite strong.  The spearmint flavor in this one is a little less sweet than Thunder Frosted.

All of the products listed above are at SnusCENTRAL.com, so hopefully this will help you find your favorite!


Comments

  1. What's about mentholated snus? Not really mint but quite minty ;) Oden's Menthol Xylitol Extreme White Dry is great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment