Nick & Johnny: Green Ice (Slim White) - Review. 10 September 2015.

Review Updated: 21 September 2021 

In 2015, one of my favorite spearmint flavored snus products, Catch Spearmint Slim White Large, was discontinued. I was bummed about it, because it was one I had used regularly for quite some time. However, this one launched shortly after that and I was easily able to replace Catch with the new Green Ice. Green Ice was also the first slim portion launched in the Nick and Johnny series. The flavor description for this one says, "Nick and Johnny Green Ice Slim White portion snus has a mellow tobacco taste, with distinct notes of spearmint and peppermint." This product comes in a 19.2 gram can with 24 portions, for 0.8 gram portions. The nicotine content is 14mg/g (1.4%), which breaks down to 11.2mg/portion.

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a mild, balanced aroma of spearmint.  This one is a little on the sweeter side, but not overly sweet. The portions are slim, white, soft, and very comfortable in the lip. Being a mint product you'll encounter that gentle cooling sensation in the lip, which is common of most mint products. The taste is quite pleasant and enjoyable.  It is a straightforward spearmint taste.  I don't notice any peppermint in the flavor profile.  It has a mild amount of sweetness to it, but not too over the top.  Just the right amount of sweetness to work with that spearmint flavor profile.  The nicotine content on this one is technically a strong, but it feels to be about the regular strength level. 

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one has been a favorite of mine since it first launched back in 2015.  It's one I use off and on, but one I usually keep in stock in my freezer.  I rated it at 3.71/5.  That may sound low, but I'm not someone who uses mint products full time.  So, for me, that's a pretty solid score.  If you like mint snus, this is definitely one to try out.  Most mint products are peppermint it seems, but I'm one who enjoys the spearmint flavor profile more than peppermint, personally.

This product available at SnusDirect.com.



Comments