2024 Zyn Shortage & Suggested Options/Alternatives. 26 June 2024.

As many of you have undoubtedly noticed, there is a Zyn shortage in the US.  As reported by NASDAQ, "Phillip Morris International has been unable to keep up with demand for the popular nicotine pouches as consumers increasingly look for alternatives to smoking cigarettes".  They are looking to build a new factory, as reported by MSNBC.  Phillip Morris confirmed they are "working on constructing a new [second] U.S. factory for Zyn production in 2025".  But, compounding that problem, many who bought directly from Zyn found they have shut down online sales, related to a subpoena regarding a DC ban of flavored products.  Some US based e-stores have even begun limited Zyn sales due to sales volume, such as Nicokick:  "We have temporarily limited ZYN orders to 10 cans per 30 days".  If you're a Zyn fan, all of this can be pretty disheartening.  So, what are your options?  

Well, you can, like most of us, order online from outside the US.  SnusMe.com, for example, is a popular e-store and they have all kinds of Zyn in stock.  They also have ON! Nicotine Pouches in stock, which are a decent alternative.  Or, if you're used to the mini size (like Zyn has), there are a lot of other options available to you.  However, I'm going to make some different suggestions.  I personally prefer the moist pouches, because they have more flavor, are more comfortable under the lip, and release flavor and nicotine in a better way.  If you're curious about these high quality nicotine pouches made in Sweden, read on, and I'll give you some alternatives you can check out!
       
Alternatives to Zyn Chill and Zyn Smooth

I hate to start this on a down note, but one unfortunate example is this one:  Chill and Smooth.  There really aren't any alternatives to this flavor.  Or, lack thereof.  It is surprising, that more companies aren't making products that are flavor-free, because these seem to be quite popular.  But, if you are into this one, you may find yourselves unable to find an alternative.

Alternatives to Zyn Cinnamon

There is a really good one in the EU Velo series called Velo Cinnamon Flame (my review).  It has much more flavor, and is very comfortable under the lip.  If you like Zyn Cinnamon, I think you're going to like this one even more.

Alternatives to Zyn Citrus

Zyn Citrus in the US is okay, but the flavor is very mild.  I have some recommendations that I think you'll like much more.  Both in the lemon flavor, and the lime flavor!  I'll also share links to my reviews so you can read more on these products.  If you like the lemon flavor, check out Lynx Fizzy Lemonade.  If you like the taste of lime, check out Ace Green Lemon, Klint Lime, or Loop Jalapeño Lime!

Alternatives to Zyn Coffee

There are some pretty good coffee alternatives out there!  First, Helwit Mocha (my review) is a good one.   Another one you could try out is Fix Irish Coffee.  I haven't reviewed it, but I know it's available if you want to buy some.  I've heard good things about this one!

Alternatives to Zyn Cool Mint and Peppermint

I'm going to lump Zyn Cool Mint and Zyn Peppermint together because they both have a similar flavor profile:  peppermint!  Some good options you can check out are Lundgren's Rimfrost, Zyn Fresh Mint (Swedish Slim/Moist Version), Zyn Cool Mint (Swedish Slim/Moist Version), and/or Volt Cool Crisp!  

Alternatives to Zyn Spearmint

I like the spearmint flavor a good bit, so I have some recommendations that I think you'll enjoy!  White Fox Blue, Zyn Spearmint (Swedish Slim/Moist Version), and Velo Mint are great options!  Note, Velo Mint is now called Velo Witty Spearmint, but my review still describes the flavor pretty well.

Alternatives to Zyn Wintergreen

There aren't a lot of wintergreen alternatives out there, but there is one that is pretty good:  Kozmo Wintergreen (my review).  If you like the taste of wintergreen, I think you'll be pretty happy with this one.  It has that nice, American wintergreen flavor, and I know a lot of people who are pretty big fans of that one.

Snubie's Final Thoughts

So, hopefully this article is helpful.  If you really, really like Zyn, hopefully this situation will alleviate for you at some point.  But, if you're open to other alternatives, you do have some options that you can check out, as listed above.  I prefer the slim/moist pouches myself, so at least give them a try.  I think you'll notice a world of difference with them!  

Comments