Zyn Fresh Mint (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 27 May 2023.

When I saw this product for sale, I thought hey, another mint nicotine pouch.  How innovative!  Sarcasm intended, because mint nicotine pouches are overwhelming abundant.  But, when I got into this one it really caught me off guard and I found myself enjoying it.  Wait, what?  Why?  Well, I'll tell you when we get into the review.  The flavor description says, "A flavor of peppermint, spearmint, and vanilla".  When I read that on the Swedish Match website I thought it sounded familiar.  But, more on that later.  Each can weighs in at 16.8 grams and has 21 pouches, for 0.8g each.  The nicotine content is 8mg/g (0.8%), which breaks down to 6.4mg/pouch.

When I first opened the can, I thought "wow, this smells incredibly familiar".  It took a lot of time with it to figure it out, and scraping through my old reviews, and then it came to me!  This one smells and tastes like an old favorite of mine - G.4 Blue Mint!   I used to use that one a lot at night due to it's balanced taste, so it was a pleasant surprise to figure out that yes, that's what this one reminds me of.  But, if you've never had it, I'll still do a review.  Opening up the can, the aroma that comes through is a smooth, fresh, lightly sweet aroma of peppermint.  The pouches are soft, moderately moist, and comfortable under the lip.  There's also a gentle cooling presence with this one.  In the flavor profile, the peppermint is gentle, and mild.  It's not super sweet, and comes across in a smooth, mellow way.  I don't notice much vanilla or spearmint, though.  The nicotine strength on this one is pretty pleasant.  It's lighter, but still feels somewhat close to the regular level.  I find the flavor hangs out a good 45-50 minutes, on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

In the end, this one got a rather high rating.  In the flavor alone, it rated at 3.5/5, which is much higher than I usually rate most mint products.  In the overall average, it ended up at 3.63/5.  Honestly, I don't use or buy a lot of mint nicotine pouches.  However, I will be ordering some more of this one because it reminds me of my old night-time product, G.4 Blue Mint.  If you like mint products, this is one you won't want to miss!




Our Video Review:

Comments