Camel "SNUS" Winterchill - Review. 9 July 2015.

Disclaimer: I do not consider Camel "SNUS" to be real snus.  I wrote this article about the differences between American "snus" and real Swedish Snus, so please check that out.  Also, I put "SNUS" in quotation marks because I do not consider this product to be actual snus.

That being said, I'm going to review Camel Winterchill "SNUS" today.  This product has been around for a while now, but in the spirit of completion, I have to review this so I can say that I did.  I do it for you guys - it's not something I want to do, but I want it out there.  Plus, people looking for info on Camel Mint "SNUS" will find this article and I can hopefully convince them to switch to REAL Swedish Snus.  Though I’m not a fan of American “SNUS”, I have reviewed all of the flavors of Camel “SNUS” - Frost (Regular Size), Frost (Large Size), Mellow, Robust, Winterchill and Mint.

The flavor description for Camel "SNUS" Mint says, "Camel Winterchill Snus has cool wintergreen and tobacco flavor. This snus has a larger pouch."  This product comes in a 15 gram can with 15 portions for 1 gram portions.  The nicotine content, according to a BMJ study, is 2.5mg/portion.

To compare Camel "SNUS" to real Swedish Snus. I wanted to open a portion of each and show you the tobacco quality.  As you can see, the Swedish Snus pictured on the left is of much higher quality than the American "snus" pictured to the right.  Now, this may not matter to some, but to me this is something important.  When I use a snus product I want to use one that has high quality ingredients, and this is where Camel falls short.  Camel "SNUS" also falls short in terms of flavor, longevity, and nicotine strength when compared to real Swedish Snus as well.  But more on that later.

When you open a can of Camel "SNUS" Winterchill,  the aroma that greets you is a sweet smell of wintergreen.  The portions are long, slim, and comfortable in the lip.  However, they are a little on the dry side.  The flavor itself is a lot like the aroma.  It is a rather sweet taste of wintergreen.  There's also a musty quality to it which I think may come from the tobacco.  Usually lower quality tobaccos tend to have this.  The nicotine strength is virtually nonexistent.  Even when I put in two pouches of this stuff, I don't feel much.  As far as the longevity goes, I honestly can't keep these in too long.  It's a touch too sweet for me, and if I keep it in too long the aftertaste is rather unpleasant.

If you want to quit smoking with snus, I suggest buying some real snus locally first - hit up the store locators for General Snus or Thunder Xtreme to try real snus out.  If you want a bigger variety, you can always buy online and have access to hundreds of real Swedish Snus products!

Comments

  1. +1 to Chad.

    I have yet to try the "new" flavors of Camel. After being introduced to Swedish Snus from trying Camel Frost and Mellow and Marlboro mint I have never wanted to go back to the overly sweet, boring, short lasting crap that these companies are producing. I like to throw in a portion or prilla and have long lasting good flavor for hours, not minutes.

    Great article. Keep 'em comin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think they taste more like root beer but maybe thats just me. i prefer the blue can of large frost myself. oh last thing. I've been on them for years now and they destroyed my teeth. i had a perfect smile and now there all pretty rotten just my warning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would you suggest to someone looking to move from camel winterchill? What Snus brand/flavor would you suggest trying? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment