Knox Green (White Portion) - Review. 31 October 2023.

It's a beautiful day out, the sun is shining after days of rain, and I have a new snus on hand to talk about!  I've been wanting to try this one for a while, but it was a harder one to find.  I finally tracked some down and looking forward to talking about it with you guys!    I'm a big outdoorsman, and I've been loving the rise in "green" flavored snus products with outdoorsy flavors.  I'm a big fan of Lundgrens' Norrland and LD Skog, as well as the recently launched One Grey.  This one sounds to have a similar flavor profile:  "A limited-edition white portion snus from Knox Snus with a nuanced flavor of well-rounded tobacco topped by hints of spruce shoots and birch sap".  Each can weighs 19.2g and has 22 portions, for 0.87g each.  The nicotine content is 12mg/g, which breaks down to 10.44mg/portion.

Opening the can, the aroma immediately makes me think of kitchen herbs.  It reminds me a lot of the old One Green.  Many of you may recall I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of that one.  In the aroma, I notice thyme, spruce, oregano, and birch.  It's a rather interesting combination.  I find the portion to be soft, relatively plump, and semi-dry.  Not super dry, but not super moist.  In the flavor, I pick up kitchen herbs again.  It reminds me a lot of thyme and oregano.  I do pick up a presence of spruce, along with a light touch of birch in the background.  It's an interesting flavor, that's for sure.  And a different one.  The nicotine strength on this one feels to be about the regular level, and the flavor hangs out a good hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

So, what did I think of this one?  Well, it's interesting.  But, it wasn't for me.  I think because it reminds me a lot of the old One Green and seems to have that kitchen spice to it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a chef and love kitchen spices.  But just not in my snus.  I've heard from some folks that love this one, and enjoy it more than the other "green" snus products.  It just wasn't for me.  I rated it at 3.2/5.  You can give it a go though, because everyone is into different things.  Who knows, it may be your new favorite!




Our Video Review:

Comments