47 Nordkapp Salt Lakrits S4 (Ekstra Sterk Hvit) - Review. 3 June 2021.

+47 is a new line of snus products (yes, actual snus with tobacco in it!) from Another Snus Factory.  ASF started off making the Loop Nicotine Pouch line, and now they're started releasing some snus products.  I recently reviewed their 47 Svalbard, which is a mint product.  I also reviewed their 47 Oslo, which is the more traditional flavor in the 47 line.  So, they had traditional, mint, and now we're talking about their licorice flavor.  Every good snus line needs to have at least those three for it to be a "real snus line", it seems.  The flavor description for this one says, "A traditional snus flavor profile with hints of salty licorice".  Each can weighs in at 16.8g and has 24 portions, for 0.7g portions.  The nicotine content is 21mg/g (2.1%), which breaks down to 14.7mg/portion.

 
When you open the can, a mild licorice aroma comes through, balanced out with an earthy tobacco smell.  The portions are slim, moderately moist, and comfortable in the lip.  They are slightly dryer than the average white portion, but not too dry.  In the flavor, the black licorice taste is quite mild, and subtle.  It's balanced out pretty well by an earthy base tobacco in the background.  It reminds me a lot of an old favorite of mine - Skruf Rålakrits.  That was a favorite of mine for how well balanced it was, and this one reminds me a lot of that.  In terms of the strength on this one, it's about the strong level.  Maybe a little above.  The flavor lasts about an hour, but I've kept them in a little more than that from time to time.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.5/5.  Honestly, if the strength was a little lower, I think this one would have been higher.  But that's really my only change I'd make to it.  It's a pretty well balanced snus with a nice can and and an enjoyable flavor.  Another Snus Factory does a great job with the flavors in their lineup, so I wasn't shocked to see that this one also had a great flavor to it.  The other two are great, so I'm definitely keeping an eye on the +47 line, to see what else they come up with next!



Comments