47 Svalbard Mint (Hvit Ekstra Sterk) S4 - Review. 18 May 2021.

About a year ago, a new company called Another Snus Factory came onto the scene and began making...nicotine pouches.  Yes, their first products weren't actually snus.  Now, a little over a year since I first reviewed Loop Jalapeno Lime, they have finally released snus products!  Their snus line is called 47.  47, of course, is the country code for Norway.  As you can see from the gorgeous Pantone 448C can to the left, this is a product that (as of right now) is released solely in Norway.  The flavor description for this one says, "A traditional snus profile with a modern tone of fresh mint".  Each can weighs 16.8g and has 24 portions, for 0.7g portions.  The strength is 21mg/g (2.1%) in total, which breaks down to 14.7mg/portion due to the 0.7g portion weight.

Usually I complain about the mint flavor, saying something like "the world of snus needs another mint flavor like I need another hole in my head". However, with the overabundance and over saturation of nicotine pouches on the market, reviewing snus is quite relieving to me. I usually listen to the "Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah when I review snus, because it's truly such a great moment for me. Now, back to the review. The aroma of this one is minty, but not overbearingly minty. It's fresh, lightly sweet in nature, and has a mild tobacco present in the background. The portions are slim fit, with a moderately soft portion material. They're pretty comfortable under the lip, I find. Being a mint product, there is also a mild cooling presence in the lip. In terms of flavor, it's not too bad, honestly. The peppermint is light, and not super in your face. It's very well balanced with a light sweetness, and a gentle, earthy tobacco character. In terms of strength, I find it is somewhere between strong and extra strong in terms of sensation. The flavor, on average, lasts about an hour.

Rating and Final Thoughts

Yeah, I know, you all are probably like: "Chad, how can you give this a 5/5 on can design when there isn't a can design?"  I rated it a 5/5 because I love the Pantone 448C cans.  I'm a minimalist, so I dig that sort of thing.  Sorry, not sorry.

Now, as far as the rating goes, it ended at 3.5/5 for me.  Honestly, it wasn't half bad.  I think the best point on it was that the mint was more subdued, and the tobacco flavor really came alive on this one; the tobacco taste wasn't masked by mint, which is relieving.  All in all, not a bad first offering.  If this is the quality we'll be seeing from Another Snus Factory, I'm curious what else is on the horizon!



Comments