Small Batch 11 (Popcorn) White Portion - Review. 28 August 2019.

This is, perhaps, the most strange snus flavor I've ever seen. Meet Small Batch 11 (Popcorn) White Portion, the latest release in the Swedish Match Small Batch series. This series has seen some interesting flavors, but I think this one takes the cake. At the end of this review you can see my rankings of all of the Small Batch products and links to those reviews if you want to catch up on the series so far. If you're new to Small Batch, this is how Swedish Match describes it: "We at Swedish Match have produced thousands of products over the course of a few hundred years. Our experts are experts in the correct sense of the word. But they have not been tired of developing new ideas. In order for them to get that opportunity - and for Swedish snusers to be able to share it all - we now launch a new range of products called Small Batch, where the flavor is replaced several times a year. Each flavor is produced in a small edition."

The flavor description for this one says, "Popcorn may be the world's best snack, and it has inspired our new taste for the latest launch in the Small Batch series!  The popcorn flavors are joined by dried fruit and complexity."  It comes in a 24g can with 24 portions, for 1g portions.  I'm not sure of the nicotine content, but I think it's around regular strength.

Going into this one, I had no idea what to expect.  It definitely smells like popcorn, and there seems to be this chocolatey character to it as well.  The portions come in the star formation, so I do suggest fluffing them before putting one under the lip; it makes them more comfortable!  The flavor is very interesting.  I never imagined we'd see a popcorn flavored snus, but the mad scientists at Swedish Match made it happen.  The flavor is very much popcorn; I'm not sure how they captured that flavor, but they did.  There's also this mild, light, chocolatey hint to it, and a little tobacco in the background.  It's tasty, don't get me wrong, but odd.  It's hard to explain.  The nicotine level on this one feels to be about regular strength, and I find the flavor lasts up to about an hour on average.

This one, for me, ranks at #8 of the 11 Small Batch releases so far.  I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. It's not something I'd use again, but it was fun to try just to say I did.  It's like the weird flavors you can get in jelly beans.  You want to try them, even if you wouldn't use them all the time.  That's how I feel about this one.  I suggest trying it because of how unique it is!

Small Batch Releases (Links to Reviews)
1/2018 - Small Batch 1 - Champagne
2/2018 - Small Batch 2 - Blood Orange
5/2018 - Small Batch 3 - Apple Mint
7/2018 - Small Batch 4 - Raspberry Licorice
9/2018 - Small Batch 5 - Coffee
10/2018 - Small Batch 6 - Mushroom
12/2018 - Small Batch 7 - Orange/Chocolate
3/2019 - Small Batch 8 - Gin/Pepper
5/2019 - Small Batch 9 - Banana
6/2019 - Small Batch 10 - Rosé
8/2019 - Small Batch 11 - Popcorn

My Rankings of Previous Small Batch Releases
1 - SB#2 - Blood Orange
2 - SB#4 - Raspberry / Licorice
3 - SB#7 - Orange / Chocolate
4.  SB#9 - Banana
5 - SB#5 - Coffee
6.  SB#10 - Rosé
7 - SB#1 - Champagne
8 - SB#11 - Popcorn
9 - SB#8 - Gin / Pepper
10 - SB#3 - Apple / Mint
11 - SB#6 - Svensk Skog

Comments