Olde Ving 99 (Coffee) - Review. 19 April 2013.

Review Updated: 3 August 2019.

Coffee flavored snus isn't very common, and when it's around, it doesn't last very long.  We're about to go on a deep dive into the history of coffee flavored products, so buckle up.  One of the first ones I tried was Mocca Macchiato back in 2009.  I wasn't a fan of the Offroad Coffee/Vanilla (2010) that had a big cult following. I was, however, a part of the "Heisenberg" team that V2 commissioned to help develop the "greatest coffee snus the world had ever seen", which yielded Thunder Chrome Long+ Coffee Supreme (2011) and Offroad Coffee Supreme (2012).  And those two snuses, I was a fan of, well, before they were discontinued.  In 2015, two white tobacco coffee products were launched - Epok Cafe Creme, and Epok Coffee, Cafe Creme was a limited edition, and Epok Coffee was discontinued shortly thereafter.  In 2018, Swedish Match released Small Batch: Coffee, which was really tasty stuff, but it was also a limited edition.  Now, the only coffee products that live on in snus form are this one and Kapten Cafe Mini.  There are quite a few coffee flavored nicotine pouch products such as ON! Coffee, Zyn Coffee, and Dryft Coffee.  I also really dig the Grinds Coffee Pouches, especially Grinds: Pumpkin Spice.

The flavor description for this one says, it has a "tobacco-centric nature with clear tones of delicious coffee".  The can weighs 18g and has 20 portions, for 0.9g portions.   The nicotine content is 9mg/g (0.9%), which breaks down to 8.1mg/portion.

The aroma of this snus is a slightly sweet coffee smell - it's like a mix of black coffee and a sweet,  creamy presence.  The portions are comfortable in the lip, and have a pretty quick release of flavor.  It's a straight forward coffee taste that has this creamy taste wrapped around it, and a little bit of sweetness.  It doesn't have a bitter aftertaste, the flavors just kind of mellow out and settle into this gentle blend of creamy coffee goodness.  I don't drink coffee, but I like the taste of this one. The nicotine strength feels to be about the regular level, and I find the flavor, on average, lasts about 45 minutes.  If you're a coffee drinker, you'll probably dig this one.  If you're not a coffee drinker, like me, still give it a try.  It's a unique flavor and one I'm glad is on the market for those who are into this sort of thing.

Comments

  1. I really want to try the melon! Is it as good as Jakobsson's Melon? I love that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered 10 cans of this just last week. I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment