Velo Limited Edition (2023) Nicotine Pouches - Review. 7 August 2023.

I have a couple of limited edition Velo Nicotine Pouch products on deck today!  I've seen these listed on Snusbolaget for a while, but not available to the US anywhere.  I recently noticed SnusMe.com put them up for order so I grabbed some.  Mainly because I like limited edition designs.  These aren't new flavors.  The Velo McLaren Edition is the same thing as Velo Mint, but with a different design.  The Velo Tomorrowland Edition is the same thing as Velo Royal Purple, but with a different design and a slightly lower nicotine strength.  But, I still wanted to do a review on them because, well, why not.  It's what I do.  So, let's check them out!

Velo McLaren Formula 1 Team Edition

Flavor Description:  "A cooling taste of mint"
Can Contents:  14g, 20 pouches, 0.7g each
Nicotine Strength:  6mg/pouch = 8.57mg/g

This one is branded with the McLaren logo on the can.  The can on the left is how it comes, but you can peel off the top label, which you see pictured on the right.  It also has a QR code on the side label of the can you can scan for more info about them.

Velo McLaren Formula 1 Team Edition

Review:  If you've had Velo Mint before, this is the same thing but in a limited edition can design.  I've always liked that one because it's a really smooth mint.  It's one of those subtle, lightly sweet mint aromas and flavors.  It's spearmint, too, which I like, because not many people do that.  Other than that, the usual Velo experience.  Slim moist pouches, nice mouthfeel, regular nicotine strength, and about 45 minutes of flavor longevity.  Pretty good stuff.

Velo Tomorrowland Edition

Flavor Description:  "A taste of red grapes"
Can Contents:  14g, 20 pouches, 0.7g
Nicotine Strength:  6mg/pouch = 8.57mg/g

This one is named after the Tomorrowland festival, which took place in late July 2023 in Belgium.  I checked out the lineup and it was pretty stacked.

Velo Tomorrowland Edition

Review:  This one is the same thing as the regular Velo Royal Purple, but that one is a strong, this one has a regular nicotine strength to it.  I consider that an improvement, personally.  I like it because grape isn't the most common flavor.  But in this one, it has a nice, sweet, smooth grape aroma and taste to it.  Again, similar to the usual Velo experience.  The pouches are slim, soft, moist, and comfortable under the upper lip.  The nicotine strength feels to be regular, so less strong than the usual Royal Purple.  But I'm cool with it.  And the flavor hangs out a good 45 minutes on average.  So, pretty good experience.

Rating and Final Thoughts

So, glad I got to try these out.  Again though, similar flavors to other Velo products.  I don't know why they couldn't create new flavors if they're doing a limited edition, but to each their own I suppose.  The McLaren one I woulda made something racing inspired, like Red Bull or something.  The musical festival one coulda been an adult drink inspired, that woulda been cool.  But, as they sit, they aren't bad.  McLaren I put at 3.58/5.  Tomorrowland I put at 3.5/5.  Both are pretty solid products!




Our Video Review:

Comments