Velo Fresh Jalapeño (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 26 May 2023.

So, a few things to know about me.  One, I love spicy stuff.  Two, I'm not a big nicotine pouch user.  But, one of the nicotine pouch products out there that I do buy on the regular is Loop Jalapeño Lime.  Mainly because it has a great taste, but it's also one that is great for beer pairing.  Another Snus Factory is known for making more spicy flavors of nicotine pouches, but now it appears that BAT in Sweden is getting into the game with this one:  Velo Fresh Jalapeño!  When I noticed this one was available, I quickly grabbed a can.  The flavor description for this one says, "Jalapeno, chili pepper, and a hint of lime".  Each can weighs in at 14 grams and has 20 pouches for 0.7g each.  The nicotine sits at 8mg/pouch, which is 11.43mg/g in total.  But, as we know, the nicotine per portion is what matters most because that's what you actually experience.

To kick it off, I paired this one with a lager to give it a proper test.  A buddy of mine has been on a Yuengling kick lately and suggested I give their traditional lager a try, so that's what I am having with this pouch.  Now, let's talk about the pouch!  Opening up the can, I notice a present jalapeño aroma.  It's spicy, and has a nice sting in the nose to it.  I also pick up a little lime in the mix.  The pouches are slim, moderately moist, with a nice mouth feel.  I also get a nice burn in the lip when I put one in, which I enjoyed.  In the flavor profile, I pick up a light lime taste up front.  Behind it, some heat!  I notice a little chili and some jalapeño.  It's a tasty mix.  Compared to the Loop version, this one seems to have more heat to it.  The nicotine strength feels about regular on this one, with a nice, steady kick.  The flavor hangs out a good 40-45 minutes on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

So, what did I think?  It's pretty good!  Compared to the Loop version, I noticed more heat with this one, which of course I enjoyed.  The mix of lime and chili / jalapeño was achieved pretty well.  In the end, this one rated at 3.42/5.  With a beer, it's even better.  I find the taste to be accentuated and to come across even better with a beer.  I paired it with a lager, but I also enjoy IPAs with the Loop version so I suspect that would be a good pairing as well!




Our Video Review:

Comments