XQS Fizzy Cola (Strong) - Review. 26 April 2021.

It's been exciting for me to see the vanilla cola flavor developing in products.  As someone who has been blending this flavor since back in 2010,  Heck, I put out a Cherry/Vanilla Cola Loose Snus out last summer.  I'm glad to see companies listening to what I've been shouting from the mountains:  that vanilla cola would make a good snus (or nicotine pouch) flavor.  77 Pouches in Poland actually just put out a Vanilla Cola flavor as well, which was quite nice.  Needless to say, the cola flavor is fun to work with.  I've also got a Cherry Cola Nicotine Pouch coming out soon (cheap plug).  Now, XQS has put one out a cola flavored nicopod.  They make a quality nicotine pouch, and I'm a big fan of their Pipe Candy product, which I reviewed last year.  Today, I'm reviewing their new Fizzy Cola (Strong) in the 4/5 strength.  They also make a lower, 2/5 strength one as well.  When it comes to this one, the flavor description says "A classic taste of cola with a hint of vanilla".  Each can weighs in at 10g and has 20 portions, for 0.5g each.  The nicotine content is 20mg/g (2.0%), which may sound strong, but with the 0.5g portions it goes down to 10mg/portion.

Opening the can of this one I notice a present aroma of cola, which is balanced out with a smooth, sweet smell of vanilla.  The portions are pretty light in weight, and soft.  They're usually stick together so you may have to peel them apart.  In the flavor I notice a lot of vanilla on the front end.  It's mellow, and sweet.  The cola flavor is right behind it, sweeter in nature, and serving as a nice compliment to the vanilla taste.  The two work pretty well together.  It's a sweeter product, but it's not overwhelmingly sweet.  And honestly, you want a product like this to be sweeter.  The nicotine feels to be a little above regular strength, and the flavor lasts around 45-50 minutes on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.33/5.  I think the regular strength version would probably rate higher, honestly.  Now, that score may sound low but you have to remember - I don't really use nicotine pouches.  I've found anything at a 3 or higher is what I consider to be a good score, or a good product.  As someone who has been blending vanilla/cola flavors since 2010, I think they did a fantastic job on this one.  It's got a great flavor, it's very enjoyable, and it's mixed just right.  I wish XQS made bigger pouches (0.7g or more), because that would make them one of the best producers on the market, in my opinion.  But, if you're a lover of nicotine pouches, definitely check this one out.  And Pipe Candy.  Pipe Candy is money.  

XQS Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusExpress.com.



Comments