Grinds Mint Chocolate (Coffee Pouches/2021 Edition) - Review. 26 February 2021.

NOTE:  When I reviewed this, it was simply a "test" product.  Now, it's been added to the lineup and is available at GetGrinds.com.  I'll attach a pic of the final can design to the bottom of this review.

I recently did a whole lot of Grinds Coffee Pouches text reviews and video reviews.  I bought the whole range from their website so I could do reviews of new products and re-reviews of old ones, and as I was going through them I realized something - I didn't see Mint Chocolate for sale.  I did a review of it in 2017, but apparently it was no longer around.  Apparently, Grinds has been working on reformulating it.  This is what they had to say about it:  "It's back and it's better than ever!  After months of research and development we have a brand new formula for Mint Chocolate that we think you're going to LOVE.  With double the caffeine and our signature moisture-locked dry pouch, it is the mintiest, choclatiest, newest flavor from Grinds!"  Their moisture locked dry pouch is something new that I recently tried in their new Grinds New Orleans pouch, which they say helps lock in flavor longer and keeps your fingers clean.  This can contains 18 pouches and weighs 18 grams, meaning 1 gram pouches.  The caffeine content has been doubled to 50mg/pouch, which is about as much as a 12oz can of Mountain Dew, in ONE pouch!

Comparing this to the old Grinds Mint Chocolate, I think it's vastly improved.  First, I love the moisture-locked dry pouches.  Yes, they do keep your fingers clean.  They also yield a longer lasting flavor profile.  In terms of the aroma, it's a rich milk chocolate smell along with fresh tones of mint and hints of dark coffee.  There also seems to be a light cooling freshness when I put one of these under the lip.  The flavor is really good.  It's an almost creamy taste of chocolate, accompanied by tones of dark coffee and a fresh flavor of mine.  It's certainly creamier than last time I had it, which I'm really enjoying.  The caffeine certainly has a solid kick to it, and is a nice boost in the mornings!  The flavor lasts up to about an hour, which is longer than the usual Grinds pouches.  Usually, they seem to last about 40-45 minutes.  Comparing this to the old Mint Chocolate, it's vastly improved.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.7 out of 5.  It is honestly much better than the last time I had it.  I like the increased caffeine content, the new moisture-locked dry pouch, and the creamy mint chocolate flavor.  Grinds definitely did a great job making this one better.  Hopefully it will get released, because it's certainly one of the best Grinds flavors I've had yet!




Comments