01 June 2017

Knox X (Blue) Slim White - Review. 1 June 2017.

This past weekend was the 2017 Snus Con in St. Louis, and I met with people from Skruf for the very first time and I learned something interesting that I didn't know before. In the past I had reviewed Knox, and haven't given it much thought since then. I assumed it was another budget snus that people would buy to save a few bucks. However, I was surprised to find out that Knox is extremely popular in Sweden. It made me want to give Knox a second look, so I recently ordered the entire product line to go back and revisit. Today, however, we are talking about a brand new release from Skruf, Knox X Blue White Slim Portion. This is one of the first two slim products released in the Knox range. The flavor description says, "Knox Slim Blue White - Slender, white portions with clear tobacco flavor and elements of lavender and citrus.." This snus is a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions weighing 0.7 grams each. It has a total nicotine content of 8mg/g (0.8%), which breaks down to 5.6mg/portion.

I reviewed Knox Blue (White Portion) back in 2015, and found it to be a solid snus. The price point was lower than Göteborg's Rapé, but higher than Phantom or LD's "Blue"/juniper offerings. It's a solid mid-range snus. The flavor and aroma of this one is very similar to the regular sized. When you open the can, the aroma of juniper is very present, and is accompanied by floral notes, citrus notes, and a light touch of citrus. The portions are soft to the touch and feel quite comfortable in the lip.  When it comes to the flavor, juniper is the heavy hitter; it is the most present taste you'll pick up.  There are light floral notes that come through in a mildly sweet way, a little herbal taste, and a light touch of citrus.  The flavor lasts quite a while, also.  I've found I can keep these in for up to an hour and a half!  The nicotine feels to be regular strength in level and delivery, so I find myself satisfied with the nicotine delivery.  If you're a fan of juniper flavored snus, this is definitely one to try out.  It has a great, long lasting flavor.  If you've never considered Knox before, as I suggested, it's worth giving it a second look!

No comments:

Post a Comment