Thunder Ultra Strong (Original) - Review (Discontinued). 13 July 2015.

It has taken me quite a while to go through a whole can of this Thunder Ultra Original - this stuff is crazy strong. But now I feel that I've used enough of it that I can write an accurate review of the stuff. Thunder Ultra Original is part of a new class of snuses ("Ultra Strong") and weighs in at a killer 22 mg/g of nicotine. Since GN Tobacco dropped Oden's Extreme, more and more manufacturers have been making these Ultra Strong or Extra Extra Stark snuses in an attempt to make our heads explode. V2 and Swedish Match have always been the best at making snuses with high free nicotine (usable nicotine) levels, so a Ultra Strong snus from one of these two manufacturers is guaranteed to hit hard.

Now, about this snus. I'll be honest, it's strong. Like - make your head spin strong. The taste of it isn't like the usual Thunder Original snus, in that it doesn't have the "Swedish Snus" taste, but more on that later. When you open a can of Thunder Ultra Original the aroma is a very basic tobacco aroma with a little sweetness and a hint of pepper to it. The portions are moist original portions, as well. The taste is something that most tobacco manufacturers are afraid of - tobacco. It's a very straightforward tobacco taste with a bold pepper hint to it. It's nice that V2 went into that territory. Kudos. Now, the nicotine. Oh Lord, the nicotine. It hits HARD, and I'm not saying that lightly. I've had my head spin with every portion I've used. So if you're a nicotine junkie, this is definitely going to be up your alley. As for me, it's too strong to use on a regular basis, but I applaud V2 for what they've done because I know there are those who like an insanely strong snus. The taste is great - so I'm hoping for a lower nicotine release of this same flavor profile.

Comments