11 April 2012

Thunder Wintergreen Review. 11 April 2012.

Over the next few week or so I'm going to be catching up on some more reviews - many of which will probably make you say, "Wow, you're just now reviewing this?" Yeah, I know. Many will probably be ones I don't particularly like - like this one. I seem to mostly review new stuff and then I'm constantly playing catch up on older stuff. Like Jakobsson's Classic - it's been around since I started snusing and I've never even had the stuff. I need to order some. Anyways, back to the review. Thunder Wintergreen is an Extra Strong/Ekstra Sterk snus from V2 Tobacco in Denmark. Thunder is synonymous with strong snus, so this stuff isn't for the weak or faint of heart. V2 does a great job with their free/usable nicotine levels so this stuff will straight up kick you in the face. If you know me or this blog you know I'm not a fan of Wintergreen. To date, I have only had 2 Wintergreen snuses that I enjoyed - GN's Oden's Extreme Wintergreen and Gotlandssnus's Jakobsson's Wintergreen Strong.

This stuff isn't General Wintergreen gross or anything, but to me I just don't like the taste. I've told this story time and time again but my first experience with dip was my senior year in high school. My girlfriend at the time bought a can of Wintergreen something or other and it made me throw up. Maybe it was the taste, maybe it was the nicotine, but I just couldn't stand the stuff. I'm still not into Wintergreen to this day. This snus has that straight up, in your face, OMFGWintergreen taste to it. It reminds me of a Grizzly Wintergreen taste, it has a touch of sweetness to it, but the smell and taste is undeniably Wintergreen. If you're into that kinda thing and that's what you're looking for, especially dippers coming over to Swedish Snus from American moist snuff - go all in for this snus. But for me it just doesn't hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment