General Smooth Flavour - Medium White Review. (Discontinued) 26 Feb 11.


NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Recently I did a preview for General Smooth Flavour (Medium White) portion from Swedish Match. It is now available for sale and continues the new style brought forth beginning with Catch Pure Mint in the long/medium portion. The first thing I want to say about the new GSFMW snus is that it comes in one of the coolest cans I've ever seen. It reminds me a lot of the old Phillip Morris snus (deceased) that came in the embossed metallic can. Like this snus or not, you have to get one of these cans. I see myself carrying around other snuses in it, even if I don't end up using it. But let's not jump to conclusions yet, I haven't even got to the review! The new GSFMW snus is a little bit dryer than your traditional white portion, so before I got to the tasting phase I had to do a little pre-wetting to really bring out the flavor. (I've been doing a lot of original portion's lately so my tastes have adjusted a bit).



To open this can it's just like Catch Pure Mint, a little twist and it pops right open. When you open the can the traditional aroma of bergamot jumps out at you, but in a little sweeter sense and the traditional zesty/peppery aroma of General is a little more subdued. The taste is very mellow. If I had to describe it as anything I'd say General White Light. The taste is traditionally citrus, but interestingly a little sweeter than the usual General flavour profile. There is a gentle salt balance, and a little zesty peppery taste in the background but not as strong as the usual elements of a General Snus. The Smooth Flavour name really fits this snus, as the present elements of the General Profile are very mellow and gentle. Now, in my opinion, I wouldn't use this snus all the time. I find it great as an occasional but where I think this snus will really shine is going to be to those new to snus who want to try bergamot for the first time. I find this to be a very traditional snus but so gentle and mellow in the flavor elements of this snus that it is very approachable to those interesting in trying traditional "bergamot" Swedish Snus for the first time, which is a very good thing. A great addition, check it out if you're into traditional snus flavors or new to snus and want to try something new!

Comments

  1. I just started using the general white and I think I will stick to this one, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment