New Thunder Cola Snus and Bye Bye Taboca Mini/Los. 9 January 2011.

Larry reported yesterday about a new snus coming soon - Thunder Coola (yes, that's how they're spelling it for some reason.) It's actually Thunder Cola. I heard about this last year from Patrick at V2, and apparently this snus is one of his personal dreams and something he really likes. Yesterday he seemed quite excited when he told me about the flavor. I figured eventually this was going to be a snus released, after all - in the SnusX kit, Cola is one of the flavors you can get. So if V2 has it, I was sure we'd see it in a snus soon. This will be coming around the first week of February in a limited edition. It's also going to come in one of those cool metal tubes that V2 uses for their limited editions. For those new to snus, V2 is a smaller company so they have a lot more freedom to do limited editions. Since 2007 they've released some pretty exciting ones. Some really good (Brandy Alexander Los) and some really bad (Offroad Moonshine - gag).

NOTE: This product is one that is currently not available from Northerner.com. If you'd like to enjoy this snus, we suggest buying it from our friends at BuySnus.com.

There's also a new Thunder Coming soon, Thunder ______________, which is in testing right now under Phase 1. I can't say anything about it as I've been sworn to secrecy, but after testing it I can tell you that this snus is truly going to rock your socks off. I'm pretty sure it's going to come out in portion, though those who received the test kits (myself included) got it in los. I'm looking forward to this one - and it should be coming sometime early this year as well. It is a Thunder product, so naturally it's going to be strong. The taste is really good as well, I think V2 did a fabulous job on this particular snus. I'd look for it in the coming months, shouldn't be much longer before it's ready. Deadline for Phase 1 turn-ins was today, so it looks like production may start soon!

A little history on V2 and their limited editions. In 2007, they released Offroad Limited 2007, which had some interesting flavors. Peach, Apple, Cola, Coffee-Vanilla, and Ice-Mint. The Apple, Coffee Vanilla, and Ice-Mint actually did so well that they stayed around for a bit. The Apple was quite gross, the Coffee Vanilla had a large fan following, and the Ice-Mint was a "meh-mint", not really exciting to me, but did pave the way for Offroad Frosted, which totally kicks ass in my most humble of opinions.

In 2008, they released Offroad Limited 2008, which had Hot Honey, Wild Strawberry, Brandy Alexander, Eucalyptus, and Orange. Hot Honey and Strawberry didn't stay around. Brandy Alexander materialized later in los form for the Nordströmmen Loose Limited Edition in January 2009. Eucalyptus never came back around, and Orange was used in some way in a few later releases - Offroad 2009 had an orange tasting snus, and then in 2010 Offroad Long-Cut Orange was released and was pretty good.

Nordströmmen Loose Limited Edition came in January 2009, and was simply amazing. It was a limited edition release of nothing but los, and had the most amazing flavors the snus world has seen to date. Brandy Alexander, Dark Vanilla, Mandarine, Tobacco Top, and Chocolate Raspberry. Brandy Alexander came in an early version as portion, Dark Vanilla never showed back up, Mandarine came back in a limited edition later on in the year, Tobacco Top never came back around, and Chocolate Raspberry was released later on in 2009 in the same portion limited edition that Mandarine reappeared in. I didn't review all of this, I did one for Chocolate Raspberry, which was the first los snus I ever tried. I still have some of the Dark Vanilla and Brandy Alexander as well, which I use very sparingly, because it's so damn good! This snus package was the best limited release V2 has ever done.

In October 2009, Offroad Limited 2009 was released, which had the flavors Mandarine, Mango Cream, Moonshine, Sweet Clove, and Chocolate Raspberry. All of these flavors stayed in production after the limited release for a short period of time before being taken offline. The Mandarine and Chocolate Raspberry returned from the Los Line, Mango Cream and Sweet Clove were excellent - I have a roll of the Sweet Clove left and still use it on occasion, it was wonderful. The Moonshine, well, it came from the depths of hell. Worst snus I've ever had in my life. I mean, it was bad. It tasted like hangover. I did a review of the whole line shortly after it was released, but the flavor of moonshine still haunts me to this day.

Larry also reported about two products being delisted by Taboca A/S - Taboca Mini and Taboca Los. Granted, I never tried either one of these, but I did enjoy some of the Taboca Portion which was pretty good. For those of you who like it, stock up if anyone still has it, but it should be going offline here pretty soon. Taboca A/S is the company that produces Montecristo and Romeo Y Julieta, which are pretty common in Sweden - I saw them in snus fridges everywhere. Here in America due to some ridiculous embargo against Cuba we can't get this stuff here. I'm sure sales were the reason for this, those two snuses aren't talked about much, so I don't imagine they sold very well. The portion to my knoweldge is going to stay in production.

Comments