The Moose Canadian Cherry (White Portion) Snus - Review. 5 February 2024.

Nowadays, you don't see a lot of new snus products.  The last new snus brand I can recall is my Artisan Snus line, that launched back in 2022.  Now, a new brand called The Moose has launched, made by Hansa Snus on Gotland in Sweden!  Today, we have an interesting one.  This is The Moose Canadian Cherry.  Cherry isn't a common flavor in snus, so I was definitely curious to see what this one was all about.  The flavor description for this one says, "A delicious taste of cherries and hints of violet".  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 portions for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine content sits at 12mg/g in total, which is actually 9.6mg per portion.  So, let's check it out!

Opening up the can, I pick up a present aroma of sweet cherry up front.  Right behind it, a light floral violet hint.  There's also a little tobacco base in the background.  The portions are nice and soft, plump, with a comfortable mouth feel.  They also have a pretty decent moisture amount to them.  The flavor is quite interesting.  In the flavor I pick up a present taste of cherry.  It's lightly sweet, and has a present, floral violet character behind it.  The longer you have it in, the more you'll notice a light tobacco base, too.  In the nicotine strength, it feels to be about regular.  The flavor lasts a good hour, on average, which is pretty nice!  It is pretty interesting.  It reminds me a little of Americana, but without the wintergreen.   But it also reminds me a little of GN's old Änglaholm snus.  

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rather enjoyed this one.  Again, it kinda reminds me of Americana, but in a white portion and less strong.  I rated it at 3.92/5.  I could definitely see myself using more of this one.  I also liked the quality of the product itself, and really look forward to more from Hansa Snus.  Let's hope they make loose snus, since no one else is making new loose products anymore, it seems.  But if you like Americana, or sweeter berry snus flavors, try this one, I think you'll dig it.



Comments