XRANGE General Nicotine Pouches - Review. 4 October 2023.

When I heard that Swedish Match was releasing new nicotine pouches in the XRANGE series, my nerves were a little dashed.  A few years ago they released XRANGE Free From Tobacco, a nicotine pouch product with a very odd taste.  To say the least, I wasn't a fan.  But now, they've done something even more creative:  released new nicotine pouches in the XR series inspired by General and Göteborgs Rapé.  These are two of my favorite snus products, so I was very nervous but also very curious.  Today, we have the General version on deck to check out!  The flavor description on this one says, "a taste of bergamot with hints of lime, orange and a hint of ginger".  Each can weighs 14 grams and has 20 pouches, for 0,7g each.  The nicotine content is 9.28mg/g, which breaks down to 6.5mg/pouch.

Opening the can, the aroma is quite nice.  I pick up bergamot, a hint of lime, a little orange, and a nice peppery tone.  It smells really nice.  The pouches are slim, soft, and have a decent moisture amount.  The flavor and nicotine have a steady release, as well.  The flavor on this one is pretty good, and much better than the last XR nicotine pouch I had.  I pick up a present bergamot, along with a tea-like flavor.  It's slightly herbal, and has a little pepper to it.  In the background, there's a hint of lime, and just a little orange.  The nicotine strength feels about the regular level, and I find the flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes, on average.  Needless to say, it's a vast improvement over the old XR nic pouches I had in 2021.

Rating and Final Thoughts

These are pretty solid pouches, and much, much better than the 2021 version.  I rated them at 3.75/5.  That's a pretty decent score for a nicotine pouch, in my book.  Honestly, I think if someone was looking to quit snus or tobacco and switch to nicotine pouches, you'll find these to be a great all day product.  I love snus, don't get me wrong, but if I used nicotine pouches this would probably be the product I use every day.  I think Swedish Match did a great job with it, and I definitely suggest it!




Our Video Review:

Comments