Göteborgs Rapé XRANGE (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 31 October 2023.

Recently, Swedish Match launched two new nicotine pouches in their XRANGE series.  One, inspired by the flavor of General, I already reviewed earlier this month.  And now this one, inspired by the flavor of Göteborgs Rapé!  I say "inspired by" because if you're looking for an exact clone with this one of regular GR, you won't find it.  It is similar, in ways, but not the same thing.  For instance, the flavor description of this one says, "Taste of bergamot, lavender and a hint of blueberry. Inspired by Göteborgs Rapé".  That flavor is similar sounding to regular GR, but it does sound different, too.  Each can weighs 14 grams and has 20 pouches per can, weighing 0.7g each.  The nicotine content is 6.5mg/pouch, so doing some backwards math that's 9.28mg/g in total.  I mention both numbers, but really the only one that matters is the nicotine per pouch because that's what you experience when using it.

Opening the can, I notice lavender heavy in the aroma, and a little lime behind it.  I know the aroma says bergamot, but to me it smells a lot like lime.  I dunno.  The pouch is slim, pretty soft, but sightly small in size.  It has a moderate moisture amount, and is pretty comfortable under the upper lip.  The flavor is pretty interesting.  I can see how it is inspired by GR, but not exactly a clone.  I notice lavender in there, heavy in the flavor profile.  There's a slight herbal hint, maybe some pepper.  I notice a hint of lime, and perhaps a faint berry.  The nicotine strength feels to be about regular, maybe a little below that.  The flavor hangs out about 40 to 45 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one was.....interesting.  I honestly had no clue what to expect.  To me, I can feel the GR inspiration in the aroma and flavor.  I use a lot of GR, so to me it doesn't taste like it, but it does seem like it draws inspiration from it.  I rated this one at 3.58/5.  I think the General XR NP was better, but this one honestly wasn't too bad.  I feel that I could probably use this if I was a full time nicotine pouch consumer.  It's not bad.




Our Video Review:

Comments