Chainsaw Cold Mint - Snus Review. 6 August 2023.

It's not very often that snus comes back from the snus graveyard, but that's what happened with this one!  I recently saw it for sale on SnusMe.com, and was a bit confused.  Back in May of 2022, Swedish Match announced they were discontinuing Chainsaw.  But now, it's back again!  It wasn't a snus I used much, but I'm happy it's back.  It is one of the last products created by V2 Tobacco before they were bought out by Swedish Match, so it's nice to see one of their heritage brands still floating around.  If you've never had Chainsaw, I did a review of it several years ago, but I wanted to do a new one to see if anything had changed.  The flavor description for this one says, "Light and spicy tobacco character with clear hints of spearmint and peppermint".  Each can weighs in at 15.4g and has 20 portions for 0.77g portions.  

One thing did seem to change though.  The nicotine strength sits at 26mg/g, or 20.02mg/portion.  The nicotine strength is one thing I notice to have changed, it used to be 22mg/g, or 17.6mg/portion.  So, this is one case where Swedish Match made a product stronger than it formerly was.  

Opening up the can, I notice a present smell of peppermint along with a light hint of sweet spearmint in the background.  It's a pretty powerful, robust aroma!  The portions are pretty soft to the touch, and slightly dry.  Under the lip I find them to be pretty comfortable.  They start off with a cooling presence, due to the mint flavor profile on this one.  The flavor is mostly peppermint, but I do notice a slight hint of spearmint in the background.  There almost seems to be a little menthol in the mix, too.  The nicotine strength on this one is still pretty high.  It delivers at the extra strong level and has quite a kick to it!  The flavor lasts quite a while, well up to an hour on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

All in all, it's not a bad snus.  I gave it a 3.5/5.  From what I gathered, it's pretty much the same as last time I had it.  I didn't really notice any major changes other than more nicotine kick this time around than last time.  I am pretty glad to see it still produced, though.  I've always had a soft spot for V2 Tobacco; they were a big inspiration for me in making my own products.  So, seeing one of their brands around makes me smile.




Our Video Review:

Comments