Velo Iced Melon (Mini Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 26 May 2023.

There's a few things I don't use a lot of - nicotine pouches and mini sized pouches.  This product has both - a mini sized nicotine pouch!  I don't have anything against mini pouches, in fact I quick smoking with a mini portion snus back in the day.  So, today I'm going to sit down with Velo's latest offering - Iced Melon!  I recently saw it available for sale and thought why not, let's give it a go.  It's the summer, so an icy melon taste might not be so bad.  The flavor description for this one says, "A flavor of watermelon and mint".  Each can weighs in at 10 grams and has 20 pouches for 0.5g each.  The nicotine content sits at 6mg/pouch, which is 12mg/g in total.  Though, as we know, the nicotine per pouch is what matters because that's what you'll experience using the product.

Opening up the can I notice a gentle, lightly sweet smell of watermelon.  There's a subtle cooling presence to it, but it's not super mint.  The pouches are small, and slim-ish in form.  They're pretty soft, and moderately moist.  I pick up a gentle cooling presence when I put one under the lip.  In the flavor, it's pretty gentle.  The watermelon is lightly sweet and not super minty.  It's fresh in the lip, and perhaps is a little menthol.  Too much mint would clash with the taste I think, so it's good they didn't go too over the top with that.  In the nicotine strength, it's a lighter one.  At 6mg/pouch it feels to be lighter than regular strength.  It's not weak, just light.  The flavor hangs out a good 40-45 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

In the end, I rated this one at 2.58/5.  To me, it's about average.  But again, I don't use a lot of nicotine pouches, nor do I use a lot of mini sized pouches.  As it sits, I think people who enjoy nicotine pouches and want something a little smaller will enjoy it.  It's not for me, but people looking for something like this will find themselves pleased with it.  It's a great taste for the summer!




Our Video Review:

Comments