Puck Icing & Puck Spearing (Slim White) - Reviews. 12 April 2023.

Today, we're checking out a couple of products made by The Snus Factory in Sweden in their Puck brand!  I reviewed Puck Icing and Puck Spearing back in 2020, but these are the slim versions of those products.  The Snus Factory, of course, is also the makers of my Artisan Snus line, and the Nico Nicotine Pouches line.  These are two stronger products.  Puck Spearing is a 13.8mg/pouch product.  Icing sits at 27mg/pouch.  I know, that's stronger than I like to review.  I usually set a cap of what I review and recommend at 26mg/pouch, so this one is slightly over that.  I didn't realize how strong it was until I had taken photos and sat down to review these, so I'm going to go ahead and review it anyway.  But I usually advise people to use products below the 26mg/pouch level.

Puck Spearing Review
Flavor Description:  "A spicy tobacco blend with pronounced notes of refreshing Swiss spearmint."
Can Contents:  13g, 20p, 0.65g each
Nicotine Content:  13.8mg/pouch = 21.23mg/g

Review:  When you open the can, you'll notice a present aroma of spearmint.  It's not super sweet, and has a spicy tobacco aroma in the background.  The pouches are slim, lighter in weight, and semi-dry to the touch.  They're comfortable under the lip, and have a gentle cooling presence to it.  In the flavor profile, it's pretty mild.  I notice a gentle balance of tobacco and mild spearmint.  Like in the aroma, the spearmint isn't overly sweet.  The nicotine seems to deliver between the strong and extra strong level, not too strong, but with a steady delivery.  The flavor hangs out about an hour on average.

Puck Icing Review
Flavor Description:  "A spicy tobacco blend with pronounced notes of peppermint, and Swiss menthol."
Can Contents:  13g, 20p, 0.65g each
Nicotine Content:  27mg/pouch = 41.53mg/g

Review:  When you open the can, you'll notice a present, lightly sweet aroma of peppermint.  There's a mild touch of menthol in the back, and a subtle tobacco character.  The pouches are slim, semi-dry, and pretty soft to the touch and in the lip.  They also come with a little cooling presence in the lip, as well.  In the flavor profile, it's a milder one.  I pick up a light tobacco character, a mild peppermint, along with subtle tones of menthol.  The nicotine on this one is stronger than I usually prefer.  It feels to be a little above the extra strong level.  It's not too crazy strong, but still has quite a kick to it.  The flavor, on average, lasts about an hour.

Rating and Final Thoughts

As far as these go, I rated Spearing at 3.25/5 and Icing at 3/5.  Obviously, Icing is much stronger than I prefer to use or review.  So of the two, I think Spearing is the better one.  If you like crazy strong products, go nuts with Icing.  However, if you don't feel the need to push the envelope, Spearing is a much better option.  Plus, when it comes to mint snus, I like spearmint over peppermint anyway.  

Puck Slim is available at Snus.us.



Our Video Review:

Comments