Loop Habanero Mint (Hyper Strong) Nicotine Pouches - Review. 27 February 2023.

The Loop Nicotine Pouches line launched back in 2020, produced by Another Snus Factory in Sweden.  Yes, they mostly make nicotine pouches but do have a few snus products out now.  In my ranking of nicotine pouches, or "hierarchy" if you will, Loop is one of the brands I rank at the top along with Ace, Zyn, Velo, Lyft, and the like.  It's a high quality line with a wide variety of flavors.  I'm a big fan of their Jalapeno Lime, for example.  Today, we're talking about a new one in their "Hyper Strong" strength level.  I've had Habanero Mint before, but this is a stronger version of that one.  The flavor description says, "A minty taste, along with herbal notes and the warming sensation of spicy habanero peppers".  Each can weighs 13.75g and has 22 pouches for 0.625g each.  The nicotine strength is 25mg/g, but due to the pouch weight it breaks down to 15.6mg/pouch.  So while it may be called "hyper strong", it is actually closer to extra strong in nicotine per pouch.

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a light peppermint.  I don't notice a lot of pepper, but it does come through mildly in the background.  In the lip, the pouch is soft, comfortable, and semi-moist.  I do get a nice burn in the lip at first, which fades to a gentle cooling presence.  In the flavor, it's not super spicy.  It's got some pepper spice to it, and some heat, but it's not uncomfortable.  The mint is subdued, and comes through in a gentle, fresh way.  It's pretty well balanced.  The mint and the spice actually pair pretty well together.  The nicotine feels to be around the extra strong level.  It's got a quick kick, and a solid kick.  The flavor, on average, hangs out about 35-40 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I'm not the biggest fan of mint snus.  I use it, don't get me wrong.  But it's not a favorite.  However, I like their approach with this one.  Anything at all to make a different type of mint nicotine pouch is okay with me!  The flavor on this one sits at 2.75/5, which is a little above average.  Most mint products I put at 2.5 or below, for comparison purposes.  Overall, this one rates at 3.08/5.  If you like mint, check it out, it's a solid product.  

This product available at Snusdirect.com!



Our Video Review:

Comments