R42 Mint (White Portion) - Review. 26 November 2022.

I'm no stranger to the R42 series.  I've reviewed them all, so when I saw this one I thought, "OH look, another strong mint snus!"  But, when I saw this one for sale recently it caught me off guard in a major way.  It wasn't the average, every day run of the mill mint snus, this one is something different.  The flavor description for this one says, "Bright and spicy tobacco character with clear hints of mint".  Sounds pretty straightforward.  The can weighs 20 grams and has 20 portions, for 1 gram each.  The nicotine content clocks in at 14mg/g (1.4%), or 14mg/portion. All pretty standard so far.  But, it definitely isn't.  Let's open the can and dive right in!

Opening the can I saw something surprising - it's the One portions!  These portions are common of the One Series, which has a soft, almost spider-web like material which gives an incredibly flavor release and experience.  Not only that, but opening the can the aroma that came out reminded me a lot of the USA General Mint, one of the most popular mint products out there.  So, you get a smooth, sweet peppermint aroma right off the bat, and the incredibly soft One portions.  This is starting off quite well!  In the lip, being a mint product, you'll encounter a nice cooling presence.  In the flavor profile, it's a lot like General Mint.  The peppermint flavor is straightforward, gentle, and semi-sweet.  It also has a quick release of flavor due to the One portions.  The nicotine on this one is also nice, delivering more than General Mint and coming in right at the strong level.  I find the flavor lasts quite a while, too - hanging out for about an hour!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I'll be honest, I didn't expect much going into this.  But, Swedish Match hit a home run.  They brought the amazing One portions to the already popular General Mint flavor profile.  This snus is going to be big, because it's one of the best mint products I've had in quite a while.  If you're a mint lover, you're gonna love it.  I rated it at 3.33/5, but keep in mind, I don't use a lot of mint products.  But those who are in the Mintaverse are going to be quite stoked on this one.



Comments