Black Jack & Inmate (Chew Bags) - Review. 2 July 2022.

Back in 2017, I reviewed a new line of snus products by a company called Snix, out of Slovenia.  They launched a chew bag product in 2018, and then after that, I didn't hear anything about them.  I assumed they quit producing.  But now they're back, and have new chew bags, nicotine pouches, and CBD pouches!  Today, we're checking out their chew bag products.  We'll revisit their Black Jack chew bags, and check out their new one called Inmate.  This is how they describe their chew bags:  "Our path started in the field of tobacco pouches.  We take pride in maintaining high standards of Swedish manufacturing tradition, while continuously listening to the needs of new generation of consumers and following industry trends".

Black Jack Chew Bags

Flavor Description:  "Classic".
Can Contents:  15g, 20 portions, 0.75g each
Nicotine Strength:  22mg/g (16.5mg/pouch)

Review:  I've had this one before, but it's been 4 years since I last had it.  After reading my review from last time, it seems like it's still the same.  The aroma is a minty smell with hints of earthy tobacco and pepper.  The pouches are white portions, but lightly brown in color.  They have soft tobacco inside, a soft portion material, and a cooling presence under the lip.  In the flavor profile, I detect a nice, smooth taste of mint.  It has a subtle, earthy base tobacco, and a hint of pepper.  In the strength, it feels to be between strong and extra strong.  The flavor hangs out for about an hour.

Inmate Chew Bags

Flavor Description:  Text
Can Contents:  15g, 20 portions, 0.75g each
Nicotine Strength:  42mg/g (31.5mg/pouch)

Review:  First of all, I know some may be saying, "Wait, Chad, you have a rule, you don't review anything over 26mg/portion".  And yes, that's true.  I didn't realize these were so strong until I got them, did my photo and background work, and started writing this article.  In that light, I'll review it.  But yes, I generally don't review anything over 26mg/portion, and I don't personally use anything over 20mg/portion.  This one has a subtle, smooth, clear, sweet aroma of mint with a light base tobacco in the background.  The pouches are semi moist, soft, with soft contents and a subtle cooling presence under the lip.  In the flavor, it's a pretty smooth, refreshing taste of mint.  I pick up a gentle, light tobacco base, along with a faint touch of pepper.  There also seems to be a light note of wood in the back.  The nicotine level, whew!  This one feels about extra strong and has quite a kick.  I haven't had anything in my lip in ages that is this strong, so it definitely knocked me out!  The flavor longevity, on average, sits at about 45 minutes to an hour.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I'm a big fan of the chew bag format.  It's a shame so many companies abandoned it when they realized they could just make nicotine pouches instead.  Chew bags are a great alternative for those who can't get snus, but can buy products like this because they aren't technically "snus".  Even though they're basically made the same way.  I rated Black Jack at 3.25/5, and Inmate at 2.75/5.  Obviously Inmate is much too strong for me, but I found the Black Jack one to have a nice flavor, and an enjoyable experience!



Comments