Black Jack Chewing Bags - (Old Review). 11 September 2018.

NOTE:  I revisited this product in 2022 and did a new review - you can find that here.

Last year in November I reviewed four SNIX Snus products. Now, it looks like the folks at SNIX are launching a chew bag product for the EU market! If you're new to Nordic Chew/chewing tobacco/chew bags, I did an in-depth video you can check out that goes more into. Basically, these chew bags are made the same way to snus, but labeled as "chew bags" or "chewing tobacco" to be sold in the EU where snus is banned. In many cases, the tobacco is cut instead of ground, and the portion material is thicker so they can technically be "chewed". However, I've never chewed them, I just use them like snus!

I don't have a flavor description for this product, but I do know it's made in Slovenia and comes in a 20 gram can with 24 portions for 0.83 gram portions. The nicotine content is 22mg/g (2.2%) or 18.33mg/portion. If you want to buy them, you can check out SNIX Snus on Facebook or visit their website.

When I first tried these, I expected them to taste like the Black Jack Snus, but I found it tastes more like their Nesmark Snus. When you open the can, the aroma is a little peppermint, a little menthol, and a little pepper. Being a mint/menthol product, there is also a mild cooling presence in the lip. The portions feel like regular white portion snus, and are soft to the touch and comfortable in the lip. The flavor is much like the aroma, a mild peppermint taste accompanied by menthol, a faint tobacco character, and a little pepper. The nicotine strength feels to be at the extra strong level and delivers a solid kick. The flavor lasts around an hour, sometimes a little bit more, so there's a good amount of life in these.

If you're in the EU and can't get snus, but can get chew bags, these are worth checking out.  Especially if you're a mint lover who wants something strong!

Comments