Swave Factory Batch #7: Aviation (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 10 June 2022.

NOTE:  This limited edition release came out in the summer of 2022.  In 2023, Swedish Match brought it back full time.  Check out my new review, here!

Swave's "Factory Batch" series is a line of nicotine pouches by Gotlandssnus.  I've reviewed a few of them already, such as No1 Red Surfer, No2 Lemon Flip, No3 Grape Punsch, and No6 Taste of Tobacco.  I missed No4 and No5, mainly because these products aren't easily available to the US.  My friend Michael in Sweden scored this one for me recently because I was very curious to try it out.  The flavor, "Aviation", is based off of an old cocktail, called, obviously, an "Aviation".  It was created back in the 1900's, and it's kind of like a spin on the gin sour.  This one mixes cherry and violet with maraschino liqueur and ​crème de violette.  The flavor description from the Gotlandssnus e-store says, "With Swave Aviation, we have managed to recreate a drink classic from the 20s. A classic violet taste combined with a lively tone of sun-ripened cherries". Each can weighs in at 16 grams and has 20 portions, weighing 0.8g each.  The nicotine content is 10.6mg/portion, which would be 13.25mg/g in total.

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is quite nice!  It's a beautiful, smooth aroma of cherry.  There are subtle floral hints in the background that add a nice touch to the smell.  The portions are slim, moderately moist, and pretty comfortable under the lip.  In terms of the flavor profile, it's a surprising one.  I never imagined mixing cherry and violet, but it works so, so well.  In the flavor profile, it's a pretty even, smooth mix of cherry and violet.  It's semi-sweet, but not overly sweet.  Also, I seem to notice a faint touch of pepper in the background.  The strength feels to be about the regular level, maybe just a little above.  On average, the flavor lasts about 45-50 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I was pretty impressed with this one.  Mixing cherry and violet isn't something I've ever thought of, but it works so, so well.  I rated this one at 3.5/5.  Companies tend to test flavors in "small batch" series like this, to see how well they go over.  Gotlandssnus brought back Red Surfer to the Swave series, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see this one come back.  If it were me, I'd bring it back and sell this one full time if I were them.  It's a great, unique flavor that I could definitely see becoming popular!



Comments