Oden's Original Lös - Review. 21 June 2022.

Back in 2014, I wrote a review on Oden's Lakrits Loose, and in that review I also did a review of this one.  I did a new review of Oden's Lakrits Loose a few years ago, but forgot to do a new review of this one.  After some recent requests, I figured it was time to get a new review out of this one.  That, and there aren't many loose products on the market, so I like to review them any chance I get!  I recently found this one on Snusdirect.com (I think they're the only store shipping to the US that sells this one).  Their flavor description for this one says, "A rich tobacco taste that has a gentle sweetness along with a spicy note of pepper and a hint of salt".  Each can weighs 40 grams.  The nicotine content on this one is 9mg/g (0.9%).

When you open the can, a rich, dark tobacco aroma greets you.  I notice some pepper, a faint citrus, and some subtle sweet notes.  The loose has a decent amount of moisture and I find it not too challenging to handbake.  The tobacco is soft, and has a nice fit under the lip with my usual size prilla.  The flavor profile is a nice, traditional taste.  The tobacco base is pretty apparent.  It's rich, earthy, and dark.  There is some pepper to it, but it's not overly peppery like Oden's Extreme, for example.  The citrus isn't as powerful as others, but there is a light hint of it in the mix.  And, I do find just a subtle sweetness to it, which is nice.  The nicotine strength on this one has a steady delivery, and feel to be between regular strength to strong.  And the flavor hangs out for about 45-50 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one wasn't too bad!  From what I remember, last time I had it I thought it was pretty decent, as well.  But honestly, there's no such thing as a bad loose.  There's so few lössnus products now, that they should all be valued and appreciated, and thanks should be given to companies like GNT that are still making loose snus.  That being said, this one averaged out to a 3.83/5.  A tasty, traditional flavored loose snus with a solid grind, a good nicotine strength, and a long lasting flavor.  Much enjoyed!

This product available at SnusDirect.com.



Comments