Lyft Just Bloom (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 19 May 2022.

These products came completely out of left field for me.  As early as 2020, it began being reported that BAT would consolidate their nicotine pouch brands under the Velo flag.  Earlier this year, it seemed as though that was picking up steam.  However, within the past few weeks, a new set of Lyft products launched in Sweden (and online, I found these at Snusdirect.com).  BAT launched Barista Twist, Just Bloom, and Cool Air.  What's interesting is that none of these are new flavors, just relaunched in newly designed Lyft cans.  But more on that, later.  The flavor description for this one says, "A bold apple cider character and cascade of fresh, sweet, tangy, and crisp notes".  Each can has 16.8 grams, and contains 24 portions at 0.7 grams each.  The nicotine content of the regular one is 6mg/pouch (which is 8.57mg/g total).  The nicotine content of the strong one is 10mg/pouch (which is 14.28mg/g total).

This is one I've had in a few formats in the past.  First, in 2021's Lyft/Lab 4 "In Full Bloom", a limited edition release.  Then, in late 2021, they launched it in a white tobacco format:  Epok Crispy Red.  Now, it's back in the Lyft series.  First, the flavor description may lead you to believe it tastes like apple cider (which, to me, is a mix of apples and cinnamon).  But, it's not like that at all.  In the aroma, it's quite floral.  I pick up a present smell of rose, which has a light, airy, floral sweetness to it.  The pouches are slim, and semi-moist.  They're pretty soft to the touch, and have a comfortable feel against the gum.  In the flavor profile, again, it's not apple cider.  To me, it's rose.  The taste is pretty much a straightforward, lightly sweet floral flavor.  In the nicotine strength, the regular one feels to deliver right at the normal strength mark.  The strong one, of course, is stronger.  It has a little extra kick to it over the regular one.  But not too insane.  The flavor on both of these, on average, hangs out for about 45 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one was pretty intriguing.  While not something I'd use full time, I did find the floral aroma and flavor of rose to be pretty enjoyable.  I rated it at 3/5.  For me, that's about average.  Not something I'd use a bunch of, but something I could see myself getting a craving for when I want a light, airy flavor profile.  If you want to try out either one of these, again, I grabbed them from Snusdirect.  They're available there if you want to check them out!

Velo/Lyft Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusDirect.com.



Comments