Swave Factory Batch #6: Taste of Tobacco (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 24 February 2022.

I've reviewed a handful of products in the Swave Factory Batch series before.  I think I've missed a few of them; they're only released in Sweden so they can be hard to get.  I was able to track down this one, and wanted to try it because it is said to have a taste of tobacco.  I've had a few in the past that have attempted it:  77 Classic Tobacco, NIXS Smokey Tobacco, Shiro Virginia Classic, and White Fox Black.  Since it's not a common flavor, I'm always curious to see each company's approach to it.  Gotlandssnus describes this one like so:  "The product has a taste of slightly smoky tobacco and sensations of rose and bergamot".  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 pouches, for 0.8 grams each.  The bottom of the can says the nicotine strength is 10.6mg/portion, which is 13.25mg/g in total.

I've been quite curious about this one, because it's interesting to see companies try to make something taste like tobacco, while not actually containing any tobacco in it. When you open the can, this one has a smoky, musky aroma with notes of pepper.  I notice a slight floral presence, along with a mild tone of citrus.  The pouches are slim, semi-moist, and soft.  The flavor is interesting.  It's smoky, and peppery.  It has a slight earthy, musky tone to it.  I do pick up a light presence of bergamot in the background.  There are also some semi-sweet, floral notes to it.  It's a pretty interesting flavor.  The nicotine strength on this one feels to be a little above regular.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 45-50 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.33/5.  It was a really interesting flavor.  It's almost like an attempt at a traditional Swedish Snus flavor, but without tobacco.  While it doesn't taste exactly like tobacco, I can say it seems inspired by tobacco.  It's one of the better attempts I've had so far at this flavor.  If you want to try it, it's only available in Sweden.  Unless Gotlandssnus decides to add it to their full time line up in the Swave line (like they recently did with Red Surfer), then you can get it online outside of Sweden.



Comments