Skruf Bjørnebær S2 (Slim White Portion) Snus - Review. 18 October 2021.

This is a rather interesting snus.  Back in 2016, Skruf launched a product called Skruf Bjørnebær, a blackberry/menthol snus.  When it came out, I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but when I did a new video on it in 2019, I actually started to like it.  However, later on in 2019, Skruf would discontinue that one and replace it with a nicotine pouch version.  I know, it was a tragedy.  Not too long ago, in early 2021, I was browsing online, and to my surprise, I saw a snus version of it again on the Norwegian websites.  I talked to Skruf and yes indeed, they brought the snus version back, but only to Norway.  Thanks to my friend in Norway and an order he did for me on Snus365.no, I'm able to enjoy this one again!  The flavor description for this one says it has "a fresh taste of blackberries and mint".  The can weighs in at 16.6 grams and contains 24 portions, for 0.69g portions.  The nicotine content is 11mg/g (1.1%) in total, or 7.61mg/portion.

As far as the product itself goes, it's no different than the last time I had it.  That's a good thing.  The old one was pretty good.  The aroma is a lightly sweet, natural aroma of blackberry.  There's a subtle smell of menthol, along with a mild base tobacco.  The pouches are slim, a little lighter in weight, and semi-moist.  They're comfortable in the lip, but I do suggest fluffing them before putting them under the lip.  It also has a light cooling sensation under the lip due to the menthol.  In the flavor, the blackberry is mild, natural, and gentle.  It's not overly sweet, and comes with subtle tones of menthol.  There's a light, base tobacco flavor to it, as well.  The nicotine strength feels about regular, and the flavor lasts about an hour!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.83/5.  It's a shame it's only available in Norway, because I'd love to get more of it.  I usually don't like mixing mint/menthol with other flavors, but this is one that grew on me over time, before Skruf took it away from me!  However, if you're in Norway, this is one to check out.  It has a great aroma and flavor, and an enjoyable experience.  

NOTE:  For my non-Norway audience, there isn't a snus version of this anymore.  SnusExpress.com has a nicotine pouch version, however.  Link - https://www.snusexpress.com/us/en/brands/skruf?mkw_category_level1=9002.


   

Comments