Delta Dips: Wintergreen (Long Cut Delta-8) - Review. 12 October 2021.

Back in January I got to check out something made by the folks at Flora, Flora CBD Long Cut.  As an avid CBD pouch user, I've been excited to see companies making different formats of CBD products.  This one is a little different.  Today, we're checking out their long cup Delta Dip (Wintergreen), which contains Delta-8!  If you're not familiar with Delta-8, don't worry, we'll run down all that in this article as well.  First, I wanted to share their description of this product from their website:  "Experience ultimate relaxation and overall internal balance with our premium Delta-8 Dip made with a refreshing mint flavor. Our Wintergreen Delta-8 Dip is 100% natural, tobacco-free, and easy to use—making it a perfect choice for users who are new to Delta-8 or those wanting a tobacco-free dip alternative.  Whether you are looking to unwind after a long day or just wanting temporary relief from stress, our Delta-8 Dip can help. Use it at home, with friends, or whenever you need a break from life’s daily stressors. The best part is that our Wintergreen Delta-8 Dip is made with natural mint flavor so that you can enjoy all the benefits of delta-8 without the bitter taste or aroma associated with hemp."

So, what is Delta-8, anyway?

Delta 8 is one of the four most prominent (of more than 100) naturally occurring compounds in cannabis.  It delivers psychotropic effects, along with some effects similar to CBD.  HighTimes.com says, "It is an isomer of CBD and a derivative of hemp and CBD and is completely legal if the final product contains less than 0.3% Delta-9 THC".  As of August 2021, these are the states where it is illegal:  Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Kentucky, Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.  Luckily for me, my mother lives in Oklahoma, so just a short 2-3 hour drive, and I'm in a state where I can check out and review this Delta-8 stuff!

Also, according to the GotFlora.com website, these are the benefits provided by Delta-8:
- Promote deep feelings of relaxation
- Reduce stress levels
- Improve mood and mental clarity
- Promote general feelings of balance
- Support better sleep at night

The Details

The flavor description for this one says, "A refreshing mint flavor".  The can is said to have 100mg of Delta-8 per can, so a 1 gram pinch would be about 3.54mg/g.  I weighed it out and the average can weight is about 28.2g.  Also, the can notes that the product contains less than 0.3% THC.

The Review

Alright, we've covered all the fun background stuff, let's get into the review!  In the aroma, I pick up a mild, smooth smell of wintergreen along with some light hint of mint.  It has a dark, almost earthy presence in the background that reminds me of a rich, dark, black tea.  If you're a snus person like me, you won't be able to handbake this one.  It's going to be like dip, where you just grab a pinch and go.  I go in the upper lip, personally, because I think it provides a better experience, it doesn't juice up as much, and it lasts longer.  At first, I get a mild burn in the lip, which gives way to a nice cooling sensation.  In the flavor profile, I pick up a fresh, smooth wintergreen.  It's gentle in nature, and lightly sweet.  There are also mild tones of mint in the background.  It also has that dark, earthy, almost black tea like presence to it as well.  The flavor lasts about 45-55 minutes, on average.

The Delta-8 Effect

This past March, I was in another state where Delta-8 was legal, and my wife and I tried a Delta-8 vape.  So, I'm not an expert at Delta-8, but I am familiar with the effect.  I noticed the effects I get with CBD, such as pain relief, stress relief, and anxiety relief.  What makes Delta-8 different is that I got an almost light headed, relaxed, euphoric type of sensation with this one.  It was interesting.  It lasted a good bit of time, but not too long.  So, to me, it's kinda like CBD plus a general euphoric sensation.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.42/5.  I enjoyed the aroma and flavor of it.  The grind was moist, easy to work with, and felt great in the lip.  It has a pretty long lasting flavor, as well.  In terms of the effect, I'm more of a CBD guy personally, so it's not something I'd really use much of, but I can see those who want to mix it into their CBD usage using it at the end of the day for a last, end of the day, relaxation pinch.  For those who like Delta-8, however, you'll really enjoy this.  It provides all the experience of smokeless tobacco but without the tobacco and nicotine.  I was pretty impressed with it, and think it's a pretty well rounded product.  And for those use this sort of thing, you're in for a treat!

Also, I hear they have a pretty good Black Friday sale coming up on their website next month so keep an eye out for that.  Hint hint.

Don't forget to use code SNUBIE25 for 25% off!



Comments