Swave Factory Batch #3: Grape Punsch (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 8 September 2021.

I know, I recently mentioned that I was burned out on reviewing nicotine pouches due to the overabundance of them on the market.  I remarked that I wasn't going to be reviewing them unless they were a limited edition or had a unique flavor.  This is both - a limited and a unique flavor!  The Factory Batch series is a line from Gotlandssnus that has limited edition, unique flavors in it.  I've reviewed a few of them already - #1 Red Surfer back in May of 2021, and #2 Lemon Flip last month.  This is one with a pretty interesting, and unique flavor.  Gotlandssnus description says, "Swave Grape Punch has a round taste of arrack and molasses along with sweet and sour tones of grapefruit and apple".  If you're not familiar with arrack, it's a spirit made of fermented sugar cane.  It's not a common flavor in smokeless products.  Back in 2010, Swedish Match's Pirate Kardus had the flavor of arrack.  In December of 2019, Swedish Match's Small Batch Chef's Edition 1 also had the flavor of arrack.  That should show you - it's not a common taste!  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 portions for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine content on the can says 10.6mg/portion, which, doing some backward math, is 13.25mg/portion.

So, how unique is this product?  Well, I haven't ever had one that tastes like it.  Let's check it out.  First, when you open the can, a sweet and sour tone comes through.  It has almost a rum like presence, along with notes of grapefruit.  I pick up some hints of apple, and almost a light, sweet berry taste.  The pouches are slim, soft, and comfortable in the lip.  The flavor of this one is quite unique.  I pick up a rum-like character right off the bat.  Tones of grapefruit come through pretty clearly, and present a sour flavor profile.  I notice some apple, and a little sweet berry flavor of some kind as well.  It's an interesting balance of sweet and sour.  The nicotine strength feels about regular strength, and the flavor lasts about 45-50 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.58/5.  For me, I don't really use nicotine pouches, so anything between a 3 and a 4 is a good score.  I actually didn't mind the flavor of this one.  It was pretty tasty, and different from other products out there.  The arrack was a nice inclusion, and mixed quite well with the grapefruit.  The sweet and sour flavor components do work pretty well in the mix.  If you want to try it out, you can grab it from the Gotlandssnus or Swedish Match site.  I don't think anyone sells it to the US.



Comments