Swave Factory Batch #2: Lemon Flip (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 21 August 2021.

Back in May, I reviewed Gotlandssnus' new Swave Factory Batch #1: Red Surfer.  Factory Batch is a line of nicotine pouches from Gotlandssnus that is similar to Swedish Match's Small Batch series.  This series is a way that Gotlandssnus can test our new flavors in the nicotine pouch format.  When this line launched, Gotlandssnus said "Swave Factory Batch will be published five times in 2021 and will only be sold at Swedish Match and Gotlandssnus".  We've only seen 2 releases so far, and with 4 months left in the year they'll have to pick up the pace to get 3 more out!  The flavor description for this one says, "Sour taste with a clear character of lemon with hints of citrus peel and sweet herbs".  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 portions, for 0.8g portions.  The nicotine strength is 14mg/g (1.4%), or 11.2mg/portion.

When you open the can, a sweet, lightly tart aroma of lemon comes through.  It's almost pastry-like, like a lemon tart.  The portions are slim, and soft.  I find them to be comfortable under the lip, with a moderate moisture content.  In the flavor, it's on the sweeter side of lemon.  It's not as tart as some others I've had before, but it does have a lightly tart element to it.  Like the aroma, it reminds me of pastry.  It's like a lemon tart topped with powdered sugar.  That may sound weird, but most lemon flavored products are tart.  I like the more sweet side of this one.  In terms of the nicotine strength, this one feels to be about the strong level.  The flavor longevity, on average lasts about 40 to 50 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I enjoyed this one.  I rated it at 3.5/5.  Going into it, I wasn't sure what to expect, but in the end if reminded me, as I said in the review, of a lemon tart topped with powdered sugar.  It's not something I could use all the time, and I could easily burn out on it.  But, as something to mix things up, it was pretty solid.  Obviously if you want to try it, it's only available in Sweden.  But, who knows, maybe the flavor will be popular enough that Gotlandssnus brings it back full time.  We'll see!



Comments