Coors Edge (Non Alcoholic) Beer Review - 15 January 2021.

Historically, I've never been a fan of any of the big name products:  Bud, Miller, or Coors.  Coors, for me, has always been a low, low tier beer.  However, I live in Arkansas, and the selection here isn't the best.  On a recent trip to the liquor shop, I found this one and decided to give it a try for review.  Coors Edge is a 2019 rebranding of the old Coors Non Alcoholic.  Edge, obviously, a much better name.  And, it makes me think of the whole "Straight Edge" thing.  The description for Coors Edge says, "A non-alcoholic beer doesn’t have to lose its edge, and neither should you. Double-brewed for authentic taste in the Coors tradition, experience the North American-style lager Coors Edge. Made with the finest malted barley and all natural flavours to deliver superior taste."  It is said to be <0.5% ABV.  I found the IBU, here, to be listed as 5.

My expectations were pretty low going into this one.  It was cheap, easy to find, and comes from a line of beers that I've never really been a big fan of.  The aroma of Coors Edge is pretty mild in nature. It is light, and has a mild malt presence to it with a subtle sweetness.  It pours a golden color, with a small head that subsides quickly.  In the mouth, it truly is light bodied. Not watery, but definitely lighter bodied. It has a light to medium level of carbonation. The flavor is mild. Like, quite mild. It's a pretty smooth, gentle flavor. It's not overly watery, either, which is nice. I pick up clear notes of grain, malt, and a little corn. It finishes clean, and smooth. Not super crisp, or sharp in the finish, either.  The alcohol content, as mentioned above, is less than 0.5% ABV, and feels to be as such.

Rating and Final Thoughts

Well, the strangest thing happened.  I didn't hate it.  Will this be my regular beer?  Probably not.  But, I surprisingly enjoyed the flavor.  For me, it's going to be one of those beers when I'm working outside, or a beer that I'll bring with me when we take the canoe and hit the river.  It's a mild beer, that comes across in a smooth, mellow way.  I'm an IPA guy, but I'll probably end up buying more of this.  Yes, it's quite a surprise, I enjoyed a Coors beer.  Alert the media, the impossible has occurred.  In the end, it was a 2.92 out of 5 for me, which was honestly higher than I expected.



Comments

  1. This was great and super helpful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried several NA beers and for me Coors Edge wins hands down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment