Kurwa CBD Pouches - Review. 14 October 2020.

Yes, I know you're saying, "Wait, Snubie said he wouldn't be reviewing Kurwa or these high nicotine products!" - and yes, that is true.  However, I'm making an exception for this one because it's a CBD pouch product, and I've recently begun reviewing CBD products here.  I've had a lot of requests for this one from our CBD audience, so I figured I'd take a stab at it.  Also, it contains CBD and nicotine, which I've been curious to check out, because I wanted to see how these two effects would interact with each other coming from one pouch.  And one thing I can't knock Kurwa on is their can design.  I'm a farmer and primarily raise chickens, so I had to get a shot with my favorite rooster.  

So, what is Kurwa?  Kurwa is a product, according to their website, made in the EU.  Their website lists a contact in Hungary, so I'm not sure if that's where it's made or not.  Kurwa, as a brand, is notorious for insanely high nicotine products, many clocking in at 50mg/g.  As mentioned, I generally don't review products with these high levels of nicotine because I don't feel anyone needs that much nicotine to be able to quit smoking.  I, a former pack a day smoker, quit smoking with 4mg/g snus.  I've also seen some of the heaviest smokers quit smoking with 17-18mg/g snus.  So, I've never been of the belief that people need products this strong.  

Now, let's talk about what's in this can.  I ordered this from Snussie.com, and their description says, "When you think of CBD, you think of cannabis. That's exactly what you get along with a very strong nicotine kick."  Each can weighs 16.7g and has 23 portions, which would put them around 0.72g each.  In this product, you get nicotine, at 50mg/g (5.0%), or 36mg/portion.  I was told that each pouch contains 4mg of CBD, as well.  This is also a nicotine pouch product, meaning it doesn't contain tobacco, but does contain E460 Filler, which is a type of cellulose, similar to what nicotine pouch products use.  If you aren't familiar with CBD, it's short for Cannabidiol, and is a substance derived from hemp or cannabis that comes with a wide range of health effects.  I use it for a lot of things - such as headache and back pains.  Mrs. Snubie uses it for anxiety, insomnia, back pains, and headaches.  Needless to say, it has a lot of great benefits.  These products made me curious because they also mix in nicotine, so I'm curious to see how the stimulating effect of nicotine interacts with the calming effect of CBD.

Now, let's review this stuff.  When you open the can, the aroma is very faint.  It’s not sweet, it’s not minty, it’s not fruity, there’s really not much aroma.  I can pull out some pepper tones, and a light herbal character, but that’s about it.  The portions are very interesting looking.  They’re moderately soft, and come with a slight burn when you put them under the lip.  There’s not much flavor to it; I find it to be pretty bland in that department.  I can pull out a light peppery tone, and some earthy elements, but that’s about it.  In terms of the effect, I feel the nicotine quickly; within about 5 minutes it’s got a heck of a kick, well above the extra strong level.  I don’t feel much effect from the CBD, but due to the high nicotine strength I can’t keep these in too long, usually only up to about 15 minutes on average.

Rating
Can Design - 5 - Come on, I mean, I'm a farmer who raises chickens.  I had to give this can a high rating.
Portions - 2.75 - The portions are interesting looking, moderately soft, and come with a burn in the lip.
Aroma -  1 - It's pretty bland, and I can't pick up much from the aroma at all.
Flavor - 1 - Like the aroma, there really isn't much flavor to this one at all.
Effect - 2 - Much too strong to keep in long enough to feel the CBD effect.
Longevity - 1 - I can't keep these in too long due to the insanely high nicotine strength.
Average - 2.12/5 - The saving grace of this product was the can design, which I love because I raise chickens.

Final Thoughts
Going into this, I was curious how nicotine and CBD would interact.  This one has way too much nicotine to keep it in long enough to enjoy the calming effects of the CBD.  The aroma and flavor were quite bland, and I couldn't keep it in very long, either.  Fair to say, I'm not a fan.  However, if you're a Snussie customer and want to check out CBD products, my go to is Cannadips CBD Pouches, which are a much better product.  I've reviewed them here, and you can check that out!

Comments