Bull Dog: Canvas Cold (Extreme White Portion) - Review. 4 April 2020.

Review Updated:  12 March 2022

Back in 2020, GN Tobacco joined the white tobacco category with this release.  This category was previously occupied by products like Swedish Match's G4 and Fiedler and Lundgren's Epok.  GN Tobacco also makes nicotine pouches in their White Fox line, but this is slightly different.  It is all white like nicotine pouches, but it contains white tobacco.  I saw this for sale on SnusMe.com, so I recently got a few cans to try out.  The flavor description from the Odens Snus EU store says, "Bull Dog is a near “All White” product with just a minimum of tobacco. Powerful but well rounded and flavorful flavor blend with clear and cooling flavors of real mint oils." Each can weighs 20 grams and has 20 portions, for 1g portions. The nicotine content is 22mg/g (2.2%), or 22mg/portion.

I do like to do a "cut test" anytime I encounter a new product, just to look at what's inside the pouch. To be clear, I don't know how GNT makes their all white snus. Traditionally, white tobacco products undergo a water-based cleansing process. I'm assuming that is the case with this one, but again, I don't know for sure.  You can see the portion and the tobacco looks very similar to regular snus except it is, of course, all white.  The bottom of the can lists tobacco as an ingredient, and not plant fiber (G4 has both), so I'm assuming this is solely tobacco inside the pouch.

I enjoy white tobacco products, especially at night.  I can sleep with these in and they don't stain the pillowcase.  When you open the can, the aroma is a smooth, lightly sweet spearmint smell. Honestly, this product reminds me a lot of their Blue White Fox in terms of aroma and taste.  The portions are quite plump, and feel soft to the touch.  They're comfortable under the lip, and do come with a light cooling presence, since it's a mint product.  The flavor is a smooth, gentle, refreshing, lightly sweet spearmint flavor.  Again, a lot like the Blue White Fox.  The nicotine feels to be between strong and extra strong, and it has a solid kick to it.  The flavor lasts about as long as an original portion, usually 45 minutes on average.  

Rating and Final Thoughts

All in all, not a bad all white product.  With G4 Tact discontinued, this is the only white tobacco spearmint product on the market.  I, personally, prefer spearmint over peppermint.  I rated this one at 3.67/5.  It's a little too strong, in my opinion, and would be more enjoyable with a lower nicotine strength.  However, it's still a pretty solid product and one that I enjoyed.  If you like white tobacco, it's worth checking this one out!



Comments