Nordic Spirit (Elderflower) Nicotine Pouches - Review. 8 October 2019.

Review Updated:  21 February 2021

Nordic Snus AB launched this product back in late 2019.  I'm revisiting it because I didn't have a rating system back then, and I'm revisiting products I've reviewed before so I can go back and rate them!  When it comes to elderflower, it's a flavor I really like.  For example, Jakobsson's Fläder was a favorite of mine for many years until it was discontinued. This is the first release of this flavor in the growing nicotine pouch category, and I've really been enjoying it!  The flavor description for this one says it has a " fresh taste of elderflower with hints of citrus".  This product come with a 13 gram can containing 20 slim portions, at 0.65 grams each. There is a nicotine content of 9mg/portion, which means the total nicotine content is probably around 13-14mg/g.

 
When you open the can, the aroma is a mild smell of elderflower. If you don't know what that smells/tastes like, to me it reminds me of a mild, but tart green apple with herbal tones. The portions are slim, soft, and pretty comfortable under the lip! They're a little dry, but not too dry. The flavor is a mild, gentle taste of elderflower. It's not too sweet, and has a nice summery flavor! Again, it reminds me of a light taste of green apple, with some mild herbal hints in the background.  I pick up a faint hint of citrus in the background, but it's not super present or anything. The nicotine strength feels to be a touch stronger than regular strength, but not too strong. The flavor seems to last about 40-50 minutes on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.25 out of 5.  That may sound low, but I'm not really a big nicotine pouch user.  For me, I've found that 3/5 seems to be the bar for what I consider to be a "good" nicotine pouch.  I personally enjoy this one.  If I was a nicotine pouch user, it would probably be one I keep in my personal rotation.  The flavor of elderflower is not a common one, so it's nice to see it still kicking around.  If you're a nicotine pouch consumer and looking for something different, give this one a try, it's pretty tasty!




Comments